Software
Houzz Logo Print
thataka

15 years ago
Hello!
LOVE the room! Ca you please tell me where you got the shelving unit behind the desk? It is a nice alternative to having another table-it saves a lot of space!

Thanks!!
Tina
Modern Home Office · More Info

Comments (2)

  • PRO
    15 years ago
    Hi! Thanks for your question! The white shelf behind the desk is actually just the long Lack shelf from Ikea that is attached to three brackets that are anchored into the wall. I really liked how it was a place for supplies but not a whole table that took up precious space. It still feels light and airy and very functional. The black shelf in the corner is an antique bar cart that I found at the Georgetown Flea Market in Washington, DC. Hope this helps!
  • 14 years ago
    This is a great space and I'm using it for inspiration for my own home office. The LACK shelf you've used as an auxiliary work surface...is it the 74 inch version? I purchased the Torsby dining room table and matching sideboard (Ikea) and then saw your office. It's great! So I sent my husband to Ikea on a business trip and he purchased the LACK shelf but it is longer than desk. My room is similar in shape, it is a bit smaller and I have a twin bed to the right of the desk. Will it look odd? How far away from the wall should it be to look 'right'? Another question - why did you use L-brackets with a floating shelf? Previous experience? I have a feeling your walls may be like mine and the studs do not correspond with the openings on the hidden wall bracket. Also picked up a hanging shelf with drawers for office supplies. Any advice on centering it below the long floating shelf or will having the two together ruin the airy effect? Thoughts?