Software
Houzz Logo Print
toats

Very dangerous bathroom reno. enter if you dare....

11 years ago

Bathroom before was...well, it was awful! Some hard work and help from my fellow houzzers, and ive transformed the ugly beast into a sea monster delight :)

Just beware of the monsters....

Comments (41)

  • 11 years ago

    couple more...


  • 11 years ago

    Here are the before pics.


  • 11 years ago

    WOW, that is so pretty and it has charm. Good job.

    toats thanked User
  • 11 years ago

    Toats, you took one ugly monster and made a beauty out of him! Such a great, fantastic job. Kudos to Fred and your teamwork. This has been a fabulous journey through the humps and bumps of renovation. So clean, bright and delightful. I adore it.

    toats thanked auntiebuzzybee
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Simply fabulous!

    toats thanked Crown Construction Contracting
  • 11 years ago

    This project was all diy. nothin fancy, nothin expensive, just a lotta blood sweat and tears! Not only did i replace the floor but i built all new trim work and even built the shelf above the toilet and the towel rack from scap wood i had laying around. even the curtain is handmade. so a cute and nice reno is possible on a dime after all :) And i gotta make sure i give credit to my fellow houzzer fred. He walked me thru step by step much of my project. thank you, thank you so much fred, you rock!


  • 11 years ago

    I love it. It's timeless design and it fits perfectly what I can see of the rest of your home. I love it when people put in the time and do the research to get professional results. Well done indeed!

    toats thanked Mike T
  • 11 years ago
    Toats...you are so creative! It looks so much bigger and more functional...and it's gorgeous!
    toats thanked fissfiss
  • 11 years ago
    A bath with pizzazz. Well done Toats!
    toats thanked soccerates
  • 11 years ago

    What a charming bathroom! You did an amazing job in design and execution. I love the shower curtain and the window shade. And the rest looks like the work of an experienced pro. Congrats!

    toats thanked eaga
  • 11 years ago

    How fun! Great job!

    toats thanked pcmom1
  • 11 years ago

    What's a round number for the cost? (Less extra tile) I'll bet people will be even more impressed. My favorite part is the Nessie on the shelf. :)

  • 11 years ago

    I spent around $1300 on this Reno, and that includes everything, even decor.

  • 11 years ago
    Wow! Way to release the Krakken! It's beautiful!!
    toats thanked Karen P
  • 11 years ago

    very talented!
    Nice reno with a bit of whimsy!


    toats thanked anne dee
  • 11 years ago

    That's amazing! It's fantastic!

    toats thanked Ann
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Very cute!

    toats thanked Gray & Walter, Ltd.
  • 11 years ago

    Wow. Nice job on everything, including controlling the budget!


    toats thanked Apartment Dweller
  • 11 years ago

    I love the Nessie scupture! :)


  • 11 years ago

    funny how the lil nessie stole the spotlight from the giant kraken! she was a last minute vintage etsy find for the top shelf.


  • 11 years ago

    Very impressed with your DIY project- love the new space and the monsters that dwell in there! :)


    toats thanked cabingirl13
  • 11 years ago
    Excellent Toats! :) So cute, very crisp....I like that. ;)
    toats thanked zazfuzzroc
  • 11 years ago

    nice work.

    toats thanked sacapuntaslapioz
  • 11 years ago

    Great job, Toats! You nailed it with just the right amount of black accents. I really like the window blind and dark muntins.

    toats thanked juliab51
  • 11 years ago

    omg i totally had to google muntins :)

  • 11 years ago

    Methinks you also owe some props to your workhorse...BIL! :)
    It is a terrific remodel and very inspiring! :)


  • 11 years ago

    yes rred, it was awesome to have a helper no doubt!


  • 11 years ago

    Great to see some wonderful creativity.


    toats thanked apple_pie_order
  • 11 years ago
    I love it. Especially because it took me a minute to find the monsters, a subtle bit of humor.
    toats thanked kathleen MK
  • 11 years ago
    Gorgeous room! A toast to you, Fred, & BIL!
    toats thanked glschisler
  • 11 years ago

    I've got to say I thought the scariest DIY part was when you decided to paint the tub/shower surround! I would never have had the guts to try that. The Nessie just makes the room. So cool.


    toats thanked nwduck
  • 11 years ago

    toats, it looks amazing!! I love everything about it. You are the best at having an idea and getting it done!

    I would be getting my exercise constantly walking by all day looking at it again and again :-))

    toats thanked mkritt
  • 11 years ago

    Could we call this a "Nessie" bathroom?


  • 11 years ago

    we could, seeing as how nessie runs the joint in there :)

  • 11 years ago

    I love the floor. Want to eventually have a bathroom with this floor

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    thanks saca, the floor is my fav too and the tile was quite affordable. the thing with hex or penny tile that i learned is that you gotta be really meticulous about lining the sheets up so "seams" dont show. i laid a full sheet down then cut the next sheet in half so the sheets would be installed in a staggered fashion, and it allowed a seamless look to the floor.

  • 11 years ago

    nice trick! I will keep that in my sack of tricks. Just sitting down with mr. sacapuntas thinking on where to move to do an active retirement (aka find a business and get out of the crazy commutes he has)

  • 11 years ago
    Where are you now, saca?
  • 11 years ago

    we are in the lower Hudson valley. In northern Westchester County. It is a semi rural town. horse farms, some real farms. well and septic. about 1 hour from NYC where we used to live. but the winters are getting so much worse. Used to be 20 was a cold day. Now 20 is a warm day. seriously on a 20 degree day I do not get a coat when I am outside. We have had -10 f that feel like -25F. Not to mention the tax bills! The ice on my patio was 4 inches thick.

    but both mr. sacapuntas and I are northerners. the south feels strange. so we are thinking NC, SC or Oregon. I would love to get an organic farm, small scale just to supply restaurants, or a native nursery and work with landscape designers.

  • 11 years ago
    So, Portland Me has everything but warmth....Co is pretty sweet...there are places without much snow and cold.