Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rogerchandesign

Opinions: IKEA PAX - Frame + Colors Help!

Roger Chan
9 years ago

Hello Houzz community again!

In the current process of doing a bedroom remodel right now. A while back I had questions in painting my room to match a new bed I got from Restoration Hardware - the Maison Bed in Antique Grey.

Because I couldn't obtain the matching night stands from the sample sale - I know I mentioned NOT going for mirrored finished night stands BUT I found those would have been the easiest to match to these wall colors and bed.

The Wall Colors I decided to go with is from Lowes - Olympic One - Brandied Pear.

THE MAIN QUESTION: I am looking to redo the wall with the Dresser and Wardrobe (picture below with the TV on top) - Currently have the Aspeulund Series from IKEA. I was think about going for a full on wall PAX system right in front of my bed.

PAX: I have about 120" which should accommodate 3 PAX systems (each PAX is about 39"wide, 13" deep, 93" height).

**(Or 2 PAX Frames of 39x13x93 and 2PAX frames of 19"x13"93" is an option with the two skinny frames next to the wide PAX)**

I'm having trouble picking "doors" for the system. You see, I was planning on placing a TV in one of the PAX systems and having the sliding doors on two of the PAX systems. Then the hinged doors on the 3rd PAX (Wide or Skinny). But the problem is, I semi-believe in Fung Shui and they say you should never have your bed face a mirror. So The mirrored would match the night stands, BUT I don't want the doors for the PAX to be mirrored doors since my bed would face this. So if anyone has any suggestions for PAX Frame colors and Doors, I am all ears! (PAX only comes in White or Black for the Frame BTW for the size I want of 39"x13"x93")

I'm really digging the Frosted Glass doors or High Gloss white Doors, or the Traditional "Billy" Doors. But any input would help.

Here is the Link to see the doors, and Colors.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/bedroom/20087/

Comments (2)