Software
Houzz Logo Print
katyglen

Colonial curb appeal

11 years ago
I love the inside of our home, but have never loved the way it looks on the outside. The left side of the home was built originally in 1942, and the ride side was added on sometime after that. Although the attached garage is practical, it doesn't do much for our curb appeal.

I am looking into resurfacing the driveway, and also updating the shutters. The ones up now are cheap plastic and too narrow for the window size. My questions are;
- What shutter style would you use? The traditional louvered style most colonial homes have, or should I simplify the look with the shaker style 2-panel shutters? I'm thinking of having them painted a very dark green - almost black.
- Should we paint the garage door? The same dark green as the shutters?
- Any other solutions to give this place more curb appeal?

Comments (7)