Software
Houzz Logo Print
mustang56

Looking for an unbiased review of Berry Alloc Vinyl Plank flooring?

11 years ago
We just discovered a vinyl plank system called Dream Click by Berry Alloc and wondered if anyone has experience with this product or knows anything about the company?
We are trying to settle on what type of flooring to put in our home.
Thanks for your input!

Comments (36)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Did you find it at a reputable, independent flooring dealer or from a big box store? Big box stores = low quality. Independent dealers = mid-high quality products.

    I've had a hard time "looking up" this company before. It has just finished being amalgamated into a larger flooring company in Europe. It is a tough "research" with this company as it is European and has just undergone a major reshuffling of it's corporation.

    European product almost always out performs US/Canadian products...especially in Vinyl. As for country of origin...it may be different from "EU".


  • 11 years ago
    Yes that's what we found also. We have seen the product in a shop called Winsor Plywood. It's a new product for them also. I was just hoping to find someone who has real life experience with the company and the product.
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Windsor Plywood has a decent name in the flooring/building business. A step or two "up" from the other big box stores. To get more information you will have to view a box with all the stamps/country of origin on them. If Windsor Plywood sells it, it probably has some form of documentation/reputation.

    Contact Windsor Plywood directly. They should be able to come up with some sort of documentation. I would like to know if this is out of Europe or out of Asia. That would be my question.


  • 10 years ago

    have you used this? looking at the product for installation...

  • 10 years ago
    I, too am looking at installing this floor in my home. I believe it is made in Belgium. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • 10 years ago

    Dream click pro is produced by beauflor, a division of beauieu international. Produced in Belgium.

  • 10 years ago

    has anyone tried this product yet? i have samples coming today. thank you

  • 10 years ago

    Any more recent reviews of DreamClick flooring? I really like the saddle color.

  • 9 years ago

    I love the product. Easy to install, it's made in Europe and it seems like herringbone might be making a comeback. This is the only waterproof floating floor in the market that I know offers that option.

  • 9 years ago

    Holli-did you install this floor? We are looking use it for our entire first floor. Can you share your experiences? Thanks!

  • 9 years ago
    Hello!
    For those of you who have this installed, how has it held up? Thanks.
  • 9 years ago

    I'd also be interested in any feedback on the Dream click system. A local store installed a sample floor recently and had some planks left over and let me take them home, was a BREEZE to click together and apart and looks good. Would be interested in whether it held up well (has a pretty robust wear layer) and whether the click system continues to hold strong even years later.

  • 9 years ago
    We had it installed in our basement. We love it and would recommend it.
  • 8 years ago

    How hard is this flooring on the body? Does it feel like walking or sitting on concrete since it is so thin? I love Lime Oak 974D. We want a flooring to put in our entire house, but can't seem to find many reviews on the product. Thanks!

  • 8 years ago

    very bad stuff didn't hold up to my children, Chipped looks like crap for real, Run away from this stuff, Warranty good luck with that nightmare

  • 8 years ago

    put this down in my living room and in the kitchen cost £1000 so quiet a large area from Taskers Diy(Liverpool) I laid the floor per the instructions leaving an expansion gap around the edge but found quiet a few joints are coming apart the click points don't seem strong enough to keep the joints locked together i have to kick the affected planks back together can't do anything about it now as the floor was laid before all the kitchen units went in so these are all sitting on top of it it also scratches very easily would I regret getting it now. In hind sight wouldn't touch it

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Jeff, cabinets shouldn't be installed on top of a floating floor. If you can cut around all permanently installed cabinetry (cut out about a 1/4 inch of flooring right next to the cabinet) to create an expansion gap around the cabinets, and then cover that cut with some quarter round or base shoe molding, you might find that the floor holds together better.

  • 8 years ago

    We laid this ourselves in kitchen/dining/foyer. Install went very well (over existing sheet vinyl), and we LOVE the product a year later. No imperfections at all, and our kids are tough on it. Would use BerryAlloc or Beauflor (the company was hard to figure out since it's European) again.

  • 7 years ago
    Dselgo- which color is this? Do you still like the floor? I’m considering installing it but concerned because the sample scratched easily. Thanks!
  • 7 years ago

    Can anybody out there comment on whether Beauflor LVP Rigid Core flooring is waterproof or merely water resistant? A salesperson told us it was waterproof, and the liner is, but what about the seams between the planks? I hv a male chihuahua who sometimes misses the pads, he is not the sharpest tack in the box. My dogs are pad trained because I am handicapped and cannot walk them a lot.

  • 7 years ago

    HU, each individual plank may be waterproof. However, depending on how tight the seams are, urine and other fluids could penetrate through. I'd suggest getting some sample pieces with the locking system still attached, lock them, and put water on the seam area. Let it sit as long as dog pee might, wipe it off, then unlock the seam and see what if any did penetrate.

  • 7 years ago

    I'd run a mile from this product. Have had to fully replace after three years. First issue I noticed after a few months was delamination. The first dozen times this happened I would glue them back down with vinyl glue. Then I started to notice the joints opening up. I had a very thin underlay beneath but even that was allowing more movement than the system could cope with. The clip system is extremely weak. When we began tripping over it, I resorted to nailing it down! The high traffic areas failed spectacularly. Finally ripped it up this week which gave me great satisfaction. Perfect product for a room with no windows that nobody ever enters.

  • 6 years ago

    dselgo What color is your laminate?

  • 6 years ago

    I am German (and live in Switzerland & Germany) and used the Berry Alloc for both our new house and another house with 6 appartments I rent (I exchange the laminate with the vinyl floor whenever there is a change in tennant). When we moved into our house, we turtured the brand-new floor by even pushigng heaviy furniture around because we had little outside help.

    I have experienced such on wooden floors and they had scratches all over afterwards. But the Berry Alloc did not show a sign of wear. I was very relieved - and we still are 6 years later - still no signs of wear.

    We experience the same with the rented appartments and that is very calming, because I had bad experience with tennants and laminate.

    I am writing this because I saw some strange comments from some few people like "run a mile from this product and a "weak clip system". or similar comments I do not know what these people did, but along with an laying it easily, it is just impossible to face such alleged problems.

    And since the guarantee for priate customers is a lifetime guarantee (and I find it at competitive prices, meaning just in the middle of a sound market-wide pricing), makes me recommend this product.

    I stepped over this website and browsed a bit because in fact I am in the process of ordering it again since a tennant moved out and I redo the floor( & other things).

    Whoever wants a few pictures is welcome to mail me at paul@pmschaeer.net.

    Kind regards,

    Paul Schaefer

    Reichertshofen

    Zuchwil

  • 6 years ago

    Sorry for the typo at my mail adress, it is paul@pmschaefer.net.

    And I forgot: The floor is warmer to the bare foot than an always cold laminate, haptics is nice to feel, it is more silent to walk on. But the durability, beauty and different choices in the meantime eres the strongest pros to buy it. I am glad I especially found Gerry Alloc among the many - and also good an reputable - other producers, but especially the Dreamclick Pro is unbeaten.

    Again, kind regards,

    Paul Schäfer

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Berry Alloc floor. Second time it happens.


  • 5 years ago

    We have an Alloc of Norway floor in distressed oak in our game room, and it's like iron. Looks perfect though 20 years old and lots of non-careful use by my husband and boys in the room it's in. Seems impervious to everything. Anyone know where I can find more Alloc flooring?

  • 5 years ago






    3 different jobs, 3 different warranty's. I suggest to stay away from any Beauflor Pure Click Vinyl. From what the inspector has stated is that they used an aluminum oxide in the wear layer. That makes the print/wear layer expand and contract different than the core. This is what is causing the delamination. These are all about 3-3.5 years from when they were installed.

  • 5 years ago




    We installed Beauflor Dream Clicks 55 in August 2018. The wear layer delaminated as shown on November 2019. Beauflor informed that they did not have a dealer in Malaysia. After tracing the barcode, it was confirmed the product was supplied by the dealer in Singapore. Both Malaysia and Singapore Dealers kept silent on this issue for few months. We have no choice but to seek for Beauflor's assistance. During the process, pandemic kicked-in and we did not receive further reply since March 2020. Please advise what action can be taken besides taking legal action against the "Malaysia dealer". Thank you.


  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago






  • 5 years ago

    I have this product in my home I am very pleased with it even before the new vinyl planks. I put it in 2 bathrooms and the Kitchen in 2001 and have never had a problem with it. still looks new. We also had 4 kids in their teens at the time. Yes, I do love this product. I would post a picture but I don't know how to do that sorry.

  • 4 years ago

    I wonder if it is solid and good floor, long lasting product?: Berry Alloc Spirit Home Click Comfort 40 Vinyl.

  • 4 years ago

    This delaminated panels looks very bad.Is this vinyl floor?


  • 4 years ago

    This is a really old discussion. If you want newer feedback, you might want to create your own post.

  • 3 years ago

    Just getting ready to file a claim with BeauFlor for the same delaminate problems as well as click system popping up. Googled to see if anyone else was having this problem and landed here. Not acceptable that this is happening on a lifetime warranty. Even though the floors are pretty I would stay away from this product.