Software
Houzz Logo Print
cyipw

New kitchen backsplash

11 years ago
Just completed tiling the backsplash. It's glass mosaic in brown. We still need to grout. I purchased a similar brown toned grout. I am having second thoughts, and considering if a lighter shade or silver toned grout would look better. Any suggestions?

Comments (6)

  • 11 years ago

    If you post this under Design Dilemmas you will get much more input than here on Before and After.

  • 11 years ago

    If you want each tile to be distinctive and separate, go for a different colored grout. If you want the tiles to meld together, go with the same color grout.

    If this was my kitchen I'd match the grout to the cream in the granite to give a distinctive look since the brown is so dark.

  • 11 years ago
    Thank you for your suggestion H. Daniels. What wall color would you suggest?
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    What colors are in your floor?

    I'm not sure what color I would paint the room, but after studying the picture, your tile backsplash looks like it has a lot of red reminds of brick. As such I would treat it as brick, and focus on the granite and/or floor for paint colors. The gray in your granite looks cool to me with a very subtle greenish undertone which is what I'd focus on.

    Here are some colors that might be a place to start. You need to get all the paint swatches you can in colors that you think might work so you can determine what ones are candidate--they need to have the same undertone so they look right together. Lay the paint swatch on whatever you're matching [floor, granite or something else] so you can see how they look together. After you find a few that are candidates, buy samples along with poster boards or small pieces of sheet rock so you can move them around to see how they look in your room. If they don't work, keep looking. It took me 3 weeks and 5 paint samples to match the floor in my bathrooms, and then I went with a shade darker. It was worth the hassle as the color looks fabulous!

    SW 6191 Contented · More Info

    Paint Color SW 6191 Contented from Sherwin-Williams · More Info

    Cascade Green · More Info

  • 11 years ago

    Sorry, I grabbed the same one twice.

    I can't get colors to add to my ideabook, but check out Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray #6205, Oyster Bay #6206. Conservative Gray #6183 and Silver Strand #7057. They are all cool neutrals with a green undertone. Here's a link to them.

    http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/