Software
Houzz Logo Print
ronda_potter

Bathroom remodel

13 years ago
Wanted to do a deco themed guest bathroom. Replaced everything except the tub. Had it reglazed and it turned out beautiful. My husband did the tile niches in the shower. We re-did this bathroom for less than 2k!! Got the 100 year old chippy paint cabinet at an Antique barn in Phillipsburg, Ohio. I put a light white wash and polyeurethane and had it inset into the wall. To give it a finished look, I found an old picture frame and painted it black with a silver edge. After re-doing our master bath, I didn't want to spend so much on this bathroom so I love the look for designing on a dime. :)

Comments (7)

  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for sharing! It really looks nice!
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you!
    I am really lucky that I have a husband who is a DIY guy! I like to have my own creative control too!
  • 13 years ago
    Are you happy with the reglazing of your tub? I am interested in doing it, as is my builder but hubby says why bother we should just replace it. I would rather save the time and $ for something else. Thoughts? Thnx!
  • 13 years ago
    I absolutely am! It is an old cast iron tub and to break it up would have been pretty tedious and quite messy! To replace it with like quality would have cost us about $2k. Nothing like the quality of the older tubs! We could have bought a cheap tub, but I heard that those will crack and chip easily. We could have bought a tub kit that covers the tub/walls....but if those don't line up exactly right with the plumbing and drain hole, any water getting in between will cause a mildew/sewage smell. Yuck! and then it will have to be taken off. Not worth it! Get someone reputable to glaze it! It was only $300 and they guarantee it for 5 years. They did a wonderful job and if it cracks or chips within 5 years, they will fix it-no charge. After 5 years, I can choose to do it again and still save money! It has been 5 months and it still looks great!!
  • 13 years ago
    Just make sure you follow the specific cleaning guidelines. I had one and used the wrong cleanser and dulled the finish.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Updated look but with lots of character and charm.