Software
Houzz Logo Print
lindamedley

HALL TABLE

11 years ago
I need some color ideas for the table. Do I go brown or a color. I will also change the table display so ideas on that would help also. I have a couple other photos so you can see the room as well as hall. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions and pictures. I can always get the best ideas from you!

Comments (9)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Your house looks really gorgeous, but I think this display is too small for the large & tall space you have. I would look for a solid piece..a credenza or, I have even used a refurbished bedroom dresser that is long. I would say in looking at the photo that the piece could be half again as long, but solid, maybe with doors and drawers. (Bulky) I would then look for a very large and tall framed mirror. Like the ones you sometimes see leaning on the floor, 6-7 feet tall. But it would be hung on the wall. Your candle pieces on the sides now could still be used to the sides of the mirror, but with more space between. Not fond of the nightlight lamps and cord, all they do is draw attention. Minimize their look. Maybe the basket with plant currently on the bottom could be moved to be in front of the outlet on the left. But in the end it is about size of space and scale of furnishings.

  • 11 years ago

    Gorgeous home. The display is too small for the space. Even reusing what you've got, hang the artwork a bit higher, space out the sconces- up and out a bit. A larger console table would look very nice. Lose the small shades on the outlets- they make the space look small.

  • 11 years ago

    I do agree the space can use a larger console. How much larger depends on the width of the hallway. I'm also in agreement with the spacing being too low & close together with the painting & the sconces. I think if those adjustments were made after placing a larger credenza or console table in, you will have a lovely vignette to observe from the living area. Hide the nighlights (are they really needed)?

    Alba Solid Wood Sideboard · More Info

    Hooker Furniture Three-Door Three-Drawer Shaped Credenza · More Info

    Vintage Styled French Script Print Fabric Upholstered Bedroom Storage Bench · More Info

    Possibility Table Lamp · More Info

  • 11 years ago

    You could place a large standing mirror behind or next to the bench

    Uttermost Rusul Iron Console Table · More Info

  • 11 years ago

    Add flowers a basket for keys & a statue

    Gold Lacquer with Black Accents Sculpture · More Info

    Regent Empire Wall Mirror · More Info

  • 11 years ago

    So many lights.. I would remove the sconces and get as mentioned a bigger credenza. Plus the white is disappearing into the wall, which doesn't help. Example is 69" and has mirrored front for reflection. Once you get a new credenza, look again at accessories to see if they work on the new one.


  • 11 years ago

    Consider placing a longer, thick top on your console, and paint it dark - or purchase a stone top. One centered decorative piece on the bottom is plenty. I agree with those calling for taller art, and reduced lights.

  • 11 years ago
    Thank you all so much for the comments above. I will definitely be doing some shopping getting rid of the lights and changing the picture and sconces. I will post an update when I make the changes. Again thanks and any more ideas that pop up are welcomed. Many eyes are better than one!