Software
Houzz Logo Print
susiechoo

Tub+Shower vs Larger Standing shower in 1 bedroom condo (3 1/2)?

11 years ago

Hi,

So I've searched this site and others for more insight on this question, but I'd like to get more specific input/suggestions for my property. This property isn't built yet and I'm not even sure if the developer would make this change for me but I want to be ready in case I can!

I've attached the layout. Based on the specs the shower is 2.5ft x 5ft and the bath tub is similar in size at about 3ft x 5ft.

Questions:

1) Is it even a good idea to remove the bathtub if I want to resell it in the future? This place is ideal for an individual or a couple. So no small kids. I do realize it could be problematic for people who want to take a bath or need it to wash their pets but I don't know how common this is and if it could really devalue my condo.

2) I'm considering to remove the bathtub and maybe creating a slightly larger shower (with an integrated bench???), If i still have room, I was thinking of adding a narrow cabinet on the wall or something. Things would have to be rearranged. What do you think? Would you add/remove anything else to this?

3) Off topic: Would a rainshower shower head be a nice touch?

Thanks in advance!

Susan





Comments (6)