Software
Houzz Logo Print
brooke79

paint finish for interior trim?

11 years ago
I'm lost here. So we're going for sort of a vintage Parisian look with our reno (reclaimed wood floors in chevron, old world details, etc) and I'm getting stuck on the paint finishes for the interior trim, specifically in the parlor where we have baseboard moldings, upper and lower panel moldings with a chair rail, and crown moldings. The walls will be painted a flat greige color (BM Balboa Mist) and the ceiling a flat white (BM Super White). While the conventional advice is to do all trim in satin or semi, I've heard from some that the shine will look out of place and too modern for our aesthetic. I've specifically been told I should do the crown molding in flat white, so that it merges with the ceiling. I plan to paint the panel moldings the same greige as the walls. Not sure whether to do the baseboard white or greige. But what finish?? Flat for baseboard seems a bad idea... But then is it ok if the baseboard and crown don't match? What about the panels / chair rail? Helllp! Attached photo is the general design aesthetic, not our actual home.

Comment (1)