Software
Houzz Logo Print
anashm

Removing spray paint from rough brick

11 years ago

Our 1960 small, brick ranch has a pinkish hue (and a ruffled texture). The cement blocks it's sitting on were a yellow-cream color - same as window moldings and gutters - that I couldn't stand so I picked a darker neutral. Once the blocks were painted, I realized that the previous owners hadn't colored inside the lines and the first row of bricks has that yellow-cream color sprayed on in various amounts. Anyone have suggestions for how to remove this paint from the rough bricks? I've tried a vinegar solution which removed the paint but began to discolor the brick. Just scrubbing with a wire brush made dust. Would it look strange to paint that first row of bricks and leave the rest in their natural state? Do we give up and paint the entire thing - there are some discolored areas around the windows and gutters? Any ideas appreciated!


Comments (4)