Software
Houzz Logo Print
wildfeuer

Kitchen Reno !!!

11 years ago
Have bought stainless steel appliance free standing induction stove refrigerator dishwasher now I need an inexpensive fix.
Was thinking about a Quartz counter top and new handles for the cabinets. I would do a off white subway tile as backsplash.
Pot lights. Is this a good idea ??? Open and desperate for new ideas.

Comments (12)

  • 11 years ago
    Sounds great ,love love quartz
  • 11 years ago

    quartz is not an inexpensive fix, but would look lovely

  • 11 years ago
    Yes I know that but instead of buying new cabinets?
  • 11 years ago

    Do you have a budget in mind for the rest of the renovation?

  • 11 years ago
    Overall, not a bad kitchen as is. If you want a change, paint your cabinets, change the hardware, and sink fixtures. Don't do anything else unless you want to do 4 more things: change backsplash, floor, counters, and sink. Why change neutral square tile backsplash and keep square, neutral floor? The most dated features are the color of the cabinets, their hardware, and the sink and sink fixtures (faucet, etc)
  • 11 years ago

    I was thinking now of leaving the cabinets and putting on a quartz or marble counter (3000-4000 $) Black colour and new up dated hardware. Subway tile in off white a huge black industrial pendant light with light potholes and a industrial metal shelf on one wall that is empty for the pots. I have a budget including the appliances of 16,000

  • 11 years ago

    How much of the $16,000 is left after buying your appliances? That's now your budget.

    Is that your entire kitchen, or do you have more cabinets on another wall? If not, quartz shouldn't be out of the question even though it's hardly cheap. You'll want to add an undermount sink and new faucet to your budget line items since you'll need those too.

  • 11 years ago
    If those are the only cabinets you have (as shown in photos) replacement wouldn't be terribly costly as long as you wisely select a cabinet maker. It all depends on what aspects you dislike most about your kitchen. Putting beautiful new quartz on cabinets you hate would be a backwards process however (assuming you dislike your cabinets).
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I would not buy Quartz or granite countertops unless (1) I liked the cabinet layout and (2) I liked the cabinets.
    Cabinets look like oak, which most people either love or hate, and the grain will still show through paint. A DIY paint job typically is going to look out of place with a nice backsplash and Quartz or granite counter.

    We used Conestoga Wood Specialties RTA cabinets with all plywood boxes, maple doors, 1/2" thick backs, and Blumotion soft close full extension drawer glides. Took average of 30 minutes to assemble each cabinet, less for uppers, using finish nail gun and glue. I think you could get new cabinets for about $5,000 based on visible cabinets. Can assemble yourself or have the cabinet installer assemble. Lots of assembly videos available from the cabinet joint online.

    If money is tight go with inexpensive counter and come back with a Quartz counter and nice backsplash after new cabinets
  • 11 years ago
    No there is another side of cabinets.
    I do like the layout though ....
    So changing the cabinets for new ones I don't think is an option. I was thinking a paint job ( professionals ) would do it but now not to sure ...a light Quartz counter top with new hardware could look good ? Have already new appliances and range good all in steel.
  • 11 years ago
    This is what I was thinking of ...maybe a good fix?