Software
Houzz Logo Print
golfergirl29

How reliable is your touch technology faucet?

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago

I would really like a touch technology faucet in the kitchen, but am wary of mixed reviews. Do you have a touch activated faucet? What brand? (I'm looking at Delta and Brizo but am open to change if the thing really works!) Has it been reliable? I'm reading some reports of them acting up after a year, but don't know if that's current info. Please advise!

Comments (12)

  • 11 years ago

    I just can't see the advantage. When I want to run water, I want to control the temp and volume of water. Once the water automatically turns on you have to regulate it anyway. In the kitchen I just see them as a solution in search of a problem. Also, I travel quite a bit and in airports and restaurants have about a 50% success rate in getting "auto" water from the faucets in the mens rooms. Put the extra cost of those into the best manual faucet you can get.

    golfergirl29 thanked jackfre
  • 11 years ago

    " I've accidently set it off and diluted my stock on more than one occasion!"

    Exactly why I decided against one, even though it's a nifty idea.

    golfergirl29 thanked beth09
  • 11 years ago

    We have two kitchen sinks and one faucet needed replacing - so got two to keep them the same. One is a Delta touch. Love it. It is great when prepping a messy meal - just a touch with a wrist turns it on. To the preset amount of flow. It is super easy to over ride. Powered by a battery pack. It's been about a year. (Because of the negative reviews, only sprang for one sink - not sure two are needed but would be nice to have.) No regrets and would make the same decision again. It turns off automatically after 4 minutes.


    golfergirl29 thanked Ziemia
  • 11 years ago

    We have a delta touch in our dog room. Had it for 3 years (but only use it 1/2 the year b/c we only live in this house 1/2 the year). We have had no problems. We've replaced the batteries twice.

    In our kitchen, we have a regular faucet w/ a tapmaster and also have had no problems w/ that.

    I like both different ways to get touchless control.

    golfergirl29 thanked beaglesdoitbetter
  • 11 years ago

    We 've had out Moen MotionSense for almost 2 years and love it. There is a slight learning curve at the beginning but now I have problems when I try to use regular faucets, I'm always waving my hand over them and can't understand why they won't turn on.

    golfergirl29 thanked nyeringa
  • 11 years ago

    Frankly anything with a battery that needs changing is not for me. We have the motion sensor soap dispenser. I can't tell you the amount of times I've waved my hand under it to get soap and found out the battery was dead.

    golfergirl29 thanked cpartist
  • 11 years ago

    I was interested in getting one when I did my kitchen 2+ years ago. I had many people advise against it, including people that had them and hated them. My faucet has a lever - it's the Danze opulence - and when my hands are really messy, I can use my elbow to get the water on. No regrets.

    golfergirl29 thanked rebeccamomof123
  • 11 years ago

    I LOVE my Delta touch. It is one of my favorite things in the remodeled kitchen. I wish I had done one in the prep sink too. Love using the wrist when my hands are a mess and saving myself the time to clean the kunk off my faucet. I would do it again.

    My D-I-L has an older Delta model and not loving it - too temperamental for her but mine has performed perfectly.


    I also like that it turns off after a few minutes. And, I really like the light that tells you the temperature status.

    golfergirl29 thanked perky_2
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Interesting, and something I never thought of. It takes a few minutes to turn off. How much water would that waste in a day? Not being critical per se, just wondering out loud for those it might matter to, :)

    ETA Or, does it have the capability to be turned off when done using, if you so choose?

    golfergirl29 thanked beth09
  • 11 years ago

    You tap (touch) it to turn off. Same way as turning it on. But it also has an auto turn off after a few minutes (I've read 4, but haven't timed it). (My faucets also have a control bar that can be used with a wrist / elbow for messy hands, but I always get full force with my wrist while the touch is set to the flow I need.)

    With the Delta touch, it operates totally like a regular faucet if you take the batteries out. It can also operate like a regular faucet with the batteries in -- you can turn it off with the lever and back on with the lever, ignoring the touch thing.

    golfergirl29 thanked Ziemia
  • 11 years ago

    Thanks meanom!