Software
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? July 24-26

11 years ago

I have been working on my Twisted Blossoms blocks for the quilt along. I have spent more time cutting than sewing. I like to assembly line sew all the parts of the block and then assemble the blocks. I thought I had it all cut but ran out of background pieces after I started sewing. Back to the cutting table!

Are you sewing or quilting this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (18)

  • 11 years ago

    There's a state wide shop hop going on so I may visit a few shops tomorrow. I only have a few Hunter Star blocks to finish so I'd like to get them done.


  • 11 years ago

    Quilting the Falling Charms. Started yesterday, did an hour of sewing and three hours of unsewing. Today should be better.

    Theresa

  • 11 years ago

    Going to start on a Chevron block using batiks. Nancy

  • 11 years ago

    Aw, Theresa, I'm sorry! I did that recently, too. Hope it's going better today!

  • 11 years ago

    Much better. Except.... Do you ever get almost finished your quilting pattern and then, the light dawns and you see something that might have been better? And maybe easier?

    Next time!

    Theresa


  • 11 years ago

    I am not sure how much I will get done this weekend. We are leaving Monday on vacation. This year it is a driving trip based on roller coasters. We are driving to Cincinnati and going to King's Island, then on to Sanduskey OH to Cedar Point. After that we are driving over to Niagara Falls then back home. I hope to stop at shops along the way and pick up the Row by Row patterns. I am teaching myself to Needle Tat, so that will be my travel project.

  • 11 years ago

    Jackie, if you are going to Niagara Falls in Canada and come through Windsor, there are three shops in this county doing row by row.

  • 11 years ago

    I have some blocks to finish up for a couple of charity quilts, so plan to do that and ready to mail. DD's top is completed, border decided upon and a lot of the fabric cut and sewn together and want to do more on that. Finally was able to get another dryer so will be washing fabric and trying to get caught up on Zelda this week-end, too. I have no leftovers in the fridge for the Geezerman to feed himself so cooked a couple packages of chicken thighs today......chicken soup is sounding good.

  • 11 years ago

    Sounds like a fun trip, Jackie! No quilting here - we have 2 exchange students who arrived last night and will be with us until August 18. We have been biking and playing tennis and going non-stop! Two 17 year old boys - one from Germany and one from Spain. We will have a blast, just no sewing.

    Sue

  • 11 years ago

    Sue, we have good friends who have hosted exchange students for years. They have them for a whole year at a time, though. They've had a couple of Germans and several Asian kids. I think the most recent one was from Spain.

    Have fun!

  • 11 years ago

    We have had 6 school year kids, also. These are our 5th & 6th Lions Club summer exchange kids.

    Sue

  • 11 years ago

    I just glue basted the Morning Star 2 lotto block quilt from August 2013. I've decided to give it to my brother-in-law and his bride for their August wedding. I'm also cutting the wedges for a spiral Christmas tree skirt for my step-daughter. Next Monday, I'm taking my granddaughter out fabric shopping. She asked for a quilt for her new bedroom, so we're going to a couple of new (for me) shops in her neighborhood. I hope she's patient. The pattern she picked is an argyle pattern, so I need a light, medium and dark of one color; a dark and medium of a second color; an accent color, and a light and medium neutral. The pattern was in the Winter 2014 issue of Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts. I had to enlarge it from a lap quilt to an oversized twin.

    My LAQ called and I'm meeting her to pick up my nephew's quilt next Thursday. I'm really anxious to see how it turned out. It's a very unusual quilt. Seems like I've got a lot going on all of a sudden.

    I hope everyone has a great weekend.

  • 11 years ago

    I got a quilt in the frame today! Maybe I can quilt some tomorrow.

  • 11 years ago

    My donation quilt for this year's breast cancer fundraiser is ready to go on the frame--hopefully today. No rush, as the fundraiser is in October.

  • 11 years ago

    Sewed the binding on the FC this morning so I will sit on the deck and hand sew to the back. Humidity is down so it will be pleasant out there.

  • 11 years ago

    Working on stitching the binding on my first quilt. We are camping in Tyler, TX, with two other couples -- can anyone say "HOT"? We came to watch the Balloon Race at the East TX Regional Airport and also hear the Oakridge Boys in concert. It was a lot of fun but the heat is a force to reckon with. Today is relax, sew in the AC in the RV, and head out for Houston early in the morning.

  • 11 years ago

    working for a couple of hours on the latest project. pinwheel coverlette with prairie points. and that is a whole lotta prairie points, too. the idea is from a photo I saw on the internet and have subsequently found that it was likely a moda pattern, at some point.