Software
Houzz Logo Print
poppyraine

Ikea Sektion Kitchen

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago

After we bought our mid-century style home we thought the kitchen could be fixed up by removing wallpaper and a fresh coat of paint. Turns out there was 3 layers of wallpaper and in one area the wallpaper was hiding a hole in the wall. Paint did not help and we needed a more functional kitchen. We were on a very strict budget, so went with the new Sektion line from Ikea.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

Please tell me what you think.


http://hhcibmc.blogspot.com

Comments (17)

  • 10 years ago
    Hi! I like your kitchen! I had a question about your OTR microwave. I assume that the tops of your cabinets are 8' since you had mentioned the lowest part of ceiling was 8'. (If not, how high are they?) What size cabinet do you have above the microwave? And how high is your clearance from stovetop to bottom of micro? Also, did you use the Nyttig filler piece behind the micro and did it work ok?

    I am putting 40" Sektion cabinets in our kitchen with 8' ceilings and am having a dilemma with our OTR micro. If I do 20" it's. 24.5" clearance to the stovetop. Which seems too high. If I do the 30" cabinets it's too low. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • 10 years ago
    What is the countertop overhang dimension on your "island" along your hallway? We are designing a similar kitchen.
  • 10 years ago

    Nicely done!

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Wow it looks fantastic!

  • 10 years ago

    I love everything about it. Wish I could know which door style it is, as I can't tell from the photos. And if the pulls are from Ikea. Gorgeous countertop, is it Ikea's Caesarstone?

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    YES very nice look you gave your home!!!...I like the look of your backsplash. What you have done brightened up the look of the room!.

    Ken


  • 10 years ago
    Awesome transformation..love how spacious it looks now by island addition..also love the colors in ur living..
  • 10 years ago

    Nice job.

  • 9 years ago

    Any regrets at all about the Sektion line? Wait times for availability; durability; quality, etc? I've looked at cabinets at Ikea, Home Depot & Lowes, and the Ikea Sektion stuff seems bulletproof compared to the other lines, but I have several contractors who roll their eyes every time I suggest Ikea cabinets. Are they right or just trying to sell me on more expensive stuff?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Looks great!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    awesome transformation!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Awesome transformation

  • 9 years ago

    My friend just did an Ikea kitchen. The product is amazing but I would have pulled my hair out with all the out of stock items. No customer service at all. They could never tell her when the items would be back in stock and wouldn't call her when they arrived. She just had to try her luck in going back to the store (3 hours away) multiple times in hopes the items had arrived. Luckily for her she had a very patient handyman.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Looks wonderful!

  • 9 years ago

    Lila- how recently did your friend do her Ikea Sektion kitchen? I heard there were lots of shortages and out of stock items about a year ago when they first rolled out Sektion, but was hoping the inventory issues had been resolved by now. I'm considering ordering a kitchen this month during their sale, but am nervous about them running out of items. We live a long way from Ikea too.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Wow, what a transformation! Hard to believe is from IKEA.