Software
Houzz Logo Print
w_courtn

Decorating Help!!!!

I'm at a stand still. Need help decorating

Comments (22)

  • 11 years ago

    Needs bigger rug - needs to be under couch as well as where you have it in front of couch. How about a large art piece to the left of couch? Pick up your colors of gray and yellow. The only pattern I see is on the shades. You can go with a larger print of similar design and in your colors in a throw or poof, Switch out greenery for a poof. That will add color plus seating. Only add greenery if it's real or if it's a fake rubbery type plant. Fake plants are hard to pull off unless they look real and rubbery types are usually the ones to go with for that.

  • 11 years ago

    Switch to an elongated chandelier or 3 hanging pendants, add a bench and bring the chair to the window to make 2. Need seating and wall decor on the right hand side, and a console behind the sofa. Agree on removing the plant and adding poufs.

  • 11 years ago

    Your room is beautiful. Just a few little changes as above and it will be perfect.


  • 11 years ago

    Love the grey and yellow tuches. Bring in some ottomans for more seating options to pull out, remove lamps from fireplace, and add some more cozy lighting.

    Remove the rug behind sofa and place a console table and a floor lamp.

    Visit Pinterest for table decoration solutions.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    It would be better if the rug were larger, but perhaps it's too late to exchange it. Room is lovely. Really like the color combination..............don't you want a lounge chair for an additional person? If you could find something in the grey or soft gold tones for the chair, or the same fabric as the sofa and add a pillow or two. Maybe a swivel tub chair.Some art would help finish everything off. I'm OK with the size of the chandelier over the dining table. You could consider a sideboard behind the sofa, as you have no lamps in the room. A lamp could be placed on the sideboard/console and a floor lamp next to the lounge chair.

  • 11 years ago

    I agree with removing the rug behind the sofa. but I think adding a slender console table looks nice instead of just looking at the back of a sofa;)

    Transitional Family Room · More Info

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Thanks you all so much. I'm most certainly trying to buy what I like vs. being unhappy with something I stuck with (the rug). Found these today. Now trying to decide where to hang them or if I needed only one!!
  • 11 years ago

    Are you sure you reeeally like those? Art is personal tho

  • 11 years ago

    Very pretty room! I agree with Grover and Margo (I do like the idea of a slender sofa table). If you decide on your new art, I think you'll want the pair rather than a single.

  • 11 years ago

    One way or another, the room is screaming for art:



  • 11 years ago

    I think this would look fab in your room and really take the space up a notch:

    Gold Black Abstract Panel III Loft Art by Mike Schick at Art.com · More Info

  • 11 years ago

    Hang both those prints on the wall. I like them, Then add 2 side chairs


  • 11 years ago
    Do you have another place for the rug in front of your sofa? Perhaps the front entry?
    If so, I would get a much larger rug for your seating area and repurpose the small one behind the sofa.
  • 11 years ago

    Think about a shag, grey or silver


  • 11 years ago
    I wouldn't put up 2 identical pieces of art. And do you love them? Or just think they will "match"?
    Your room is lovely, but so safely (I somehow can't think of a better word) done, that you can afford to be a lot more daring and interesting with your choice of art.
    Find something you'll really want to look at every day.
  • 11 years ago

    This room wants big bold art:



  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Just an update!! Thanks for all the advise. I'm also adding a console table behind the sofa with 2 lamps.
  • 11 years ago

    I like the art you used better than the two matching ones you showed earlier. You have a very nice home. Where did you get your roman shades?

  • 11 years ago

    Excellent choice on the art, w_courtn. Now, if you'll lower it about 6", to just about here (yes, really)...

    ...it will be perfect.

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Here's an update. I've also added a console table behind the sofa.
  • 10 years ago

    Art. Too. High.

Sponsored
The Steele Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio