Software
Houzz Logo Print
ashleebutler

Where can I find this tile?

13 years ago
I'm obsessed with this home - all the pics - and especially want the name of the tiles used in the bathroom in this picture. And is this the same tile used for the kitchen backsplash? I love it!!!
Contemporary Bathroom · More Info

Comments (23)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks for your nice words... very much appreciated!
    You can contact "Heidi" at Ceramic Tile Design in San Rafael, CA for information on both tile specs. Simply send her a photo of each room and she can help you. They are not the same tile and they are made by different manufactures.
    --Jason Urrutia/Urrutia Design
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you very much!
  • 13 years ago
    Hi! I was just wondering if you ever got the name of the tile? I may call the store myself, but wanted to check here first.

    Thanks!
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks so much!
  • 13 years ago
    I'm putting this in my new, remodled kitchen - thank you, Jason!! Your whole design inspired me so much. I appreciate your work.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks so much! Your compliments are very much appreciated!
    --Jason Urrutia/Urrutia Design
  • 13 years ago
    Just beautiful! I am mixing this slate tile that you have introduced me to with Delano marble. It is going to look amazing with the black and white stripes of the marble. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You're so welcome!
    --Jason Urrutia/Urrutia Design
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi, I was wondering if you used the same tile manufacturer for the white tiles on the other walls... is that the same product in a different color? I was thinking I could combine another white glossy tile, not as expensive, although I see the slate uses sanded grout where regular subway tiles may not. Thank you!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    http://www.mexicanhandcraftedtile.com/catalogs/FEB_11_2011_WEST_BROCHURE_LR.pdf

    Go to page 6. The color of the tile is "Slate." The catalog is confusing as the size of tile isn't clearly indicated. I would highly recommend calling Heidi at Ceramic Tile Design in San Rafael, CA.

    "No," it's not the same tile as the kitchen tile.

    Good luck...
    --Jason Urrutia/Urrutia Design
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi Jason, thanks for your quick response. I was actually wondering about the white tile. Is it the same maunfacturer as the slate tiles?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I mean the white tile in the bathroom, opposite the slate tile...
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Daltile... k101 (3"x6")
    --Jason Urrutia/Urrutia Design
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Thank you so much. I really thought I could combine another white subway to give the same look, as you did.
  • 13 years ago
    jason, Daltile k101 is white not mottled gray...Help?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Daltile K-101 is a white colored tile.
    Jason Urrutia/Urrutia Design
  • 13 years ago
    Yes, but the photo is of a mottled gray tile, where is that from, item #? Thanks!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    http://www.mexicanhandcraftedtile.com/catalogs/FEB_11_2011_WEST_BROCHURE_LR.pdf

    Go to page 6. The color of the tile is "Slate." The catalog is confusing as the size of tile isn't clearly indicated. I would highly recommend calling Lauriel at Ceramic Tile Design in San Rafael, CA.
  • 13 years ago
    Jason, your are wonderful, thanks!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks for your kind words... "too" kind! Good luck with your project!
    Jason
  • 12 years ago
    Hi - can you tell me about the vanity & the vanity countertop? thanks
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful tile, beautiful bathroom.