Software
Houzz Logo Print
nico72

homemade flock of cranes wall stencil

11 years ago

I wanted to create a more interesting wall along my stairs, but I didn't want to line it with photos, though I love that in some houses. I initially really wanted a beautiful wallpaper of gold mums, but when I did the math I realized it was WAY out of my budget. It would have been $1,000.

So, I looked at stencil ideas and took my inspiration from a stencil called "flock of cranes." It's awesome. I made my own by tracing some cranes I had in a picture, cutting them out on an old plastic folder, and stenciling with champagne gold acrylic. It took a while, but it was an easy project. It cost me a total of $8! I'm super happy with the result!




Comments (7)

  • 11 years ago

    That's a cool idea. I love that it's paint, and if you ever want to change it in the future, it's much easier than wall paper.

  • 11 years ago

    Yes, bwmsuccess, that's a major plus! I also think this type of stencil is extra easy because it didn't have to be done with a level.

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I'm glad you like it. If you ever put your house on the market, paint over it first. It reflects a very specific taste. Most people don't want to be confronted by a flock of birds every time they go up or down the stairs.

  • 11 years ago

    Quercus2, I'm not an idiot. I think your comment was unnecessary. Obviously it reflects a very specific taste!

  • 11 years ago

    That is gorgeous!

    Nico thanked orangecamera
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Nicely done!