Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anee2013

need help with the paint color

anee2013
11 years ago
New house....new furniture... Need help with the master bedroom paint color...wht color paint will go with this golden furniture....
I wanted my room to have white, blue or green...but now after buying this furniture i m confused tht what color will go with this furniture...help pls

Comments (46)

• anee2013
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    waiting for ur comments
  • jnmmom
    11 years ago
    I am not a pro but I think the bedding is throwing things off. Is that the bedding you plan to use? If not, I think any rich, saturated color would work with such dramatic furniture. Navy blue, burgundy, jewel tones. The only thing I don't think would work are beiges/neutrals.
  • anee2013
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    thnks eztia...:)
    jnmmom: no this is brand new bed ...so hv to buy everything new...this bedding is old...not planning to use this...thnks for ur comment :)
  • parsleycarrots
    11 years ago
    Wow! What an ornate bed! I would definately go with a very "regal" blue, something that will provide enough contrast to really make the details of the furniture pop. I think the bedding you have now just doesn't have enough contrast to balance the bed, I would change them.

Perhaps a deep slate blue for the walls? Nothing too vibrant as you want to create a cozy feel for relaxing. I can imagine some heavy velvet or tapestry drapes on the windows, too. You'll be sleeping like royalty! Images of some possibilities include a lamp shade from LampsPlus.com, a tapestry hanging from QualityTapestries.com, some sample bedding, and a swatch of tapestry fabric.

Happy decorating!
  • decoenthusiaste
    11 years ago
    The trick will be to find the perfect bedding. Do that first and then you can work with the paint that works with your bedding. Easier to match paint to bedding than to hunt down matching bedding for the paint!
    Except for the blue vases, I think these colors would be wonderful!
    new projects · More Info

Or this one, which is really over the top!
    Interior Design - Residential Photography · More Info
  • PRO
    Creations Nadia Interior Design
    11 years ago
    it can look beautiful against dark red or mauve-brown :)))
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Caponata AF - 650 or Caliente AF -290 :))

From BM
  • hohweiler
    11 years ago
    Rich brown or green walls with a dark spead in the same color family and accent pillows in the golds would really make the room pop. You need to down play the gold and white colors using them more as the accent colors.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    here , i would go with light colour bedding:)
  • PRO
  • mmjs
    11 years ago
    Very cool...needs some POP. Giving me ideas...thanks!
  • PRO
    Diane Hynes Gallery
    11 years ago
    Sherwin Williams - Black Fox, then have all light/cream bedding...
  • stevematt
    11 years ago
    Look at the Brushed Pearl series of Valspar Paint at Lowe's...Look at the Color called Whisper EE2043A with the Brushed Pearl series BP4 Natural Flavor....it is a subtle green (very subtle) It is a 2 part process but would look beautiful and rich with your beautiful bed. Also look at bedspreads from touchofclass.com....they have beautiful quilts with bedskirts etc and bedspreads...I love them!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    this is not bad either:))
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    or this...
  • PRO
    User
    11 years ago
    Navy Blue!!! That bed is amazing, please please paint a deep contrasting colour on the walls. Use a flat paint to achieve a sense of depth with the colour. will look amazing!
  • PRO
    Sherri Fitzgerald - Ultimate Decor
    11 years ago
    A few more colors you may like....
    peruvian chili CSP-1100 · More Info

Stained Glass Paint · More Info

coral bells CSP-1135 · More Info

Satchel AF-240 by Benjamin Moore · More Info

Elderberry Wine CSP-470 Paint · More Info

parisian red CSP-1170 · More Info

Granny Smith CSP-860 Paint · More Info

Eclectic Bedroom · More Info

Flamenco CSP-1195 Paint · More Info

embroidered flower CSP-1190 · More Info
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Sherri ! you hit the jack pot!!! Stained Glass Paint looks very close to the "GEM" that they have in their head and foot boards :))))
  • PRO
    Tee'scapes
    11 years ago
    For a gorgeous bed such as yours .......I love the HARD CANDY or STAINED GLASS LOOK FOR YOUR WALLS ......Now as far as color choices I would go with a soft copper or a Victorian bronze.....Tee'scapes
  • User
    11 years ago
  • 4resas
    11 years ago
    You can do do the pretty green on your headboard wall, and do a neutral tone on tone wallpaper on the other walls
  • nasmijati
    11 years ago
    Anee2013, what are your thoughts?
  • User
    11 years ago
    Navy Blue!!!
  • PRO
    Gabberts Design Studio
    11 years ago
    I love Aja's idea...Navy blue would be gorgeous!!
  • PRO
    Joni Koenig Interiors
    11 years ago
    I suggest dark with the walls so that the head board really pops. I agree with others that the linens are throwing you. Go shopping and see what you like before even painting. Look at horchow for linen inspiration.
  • User
    11 years ago
    Some visuals on the navy/gold theme.
  • User
    11 years ago
    a cream and gold theme.
  • pie1984
    11 years ago
    I think a cream/light golden color paint would look good!
  • pie1984
    11 years ago
    and then have a canopy like the one above and accessorize, accesorize, accesorize! :)
  • anee2013
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thnks All for ur lovely suggestions n time....i really liked the ideas...i am planning to go first look for the linens n then decide on the paint....i liked the contrast wall ideas and the cream n golden look too....but for some reason i m more inclined towards darker shades so want to try them out by getting some samples from lowes....so lets c :) but again thnks so much for sharing pics too...now atleast i know where to start ;)
  • tea77
    11 years ago
    Totally not related, but it looks like the drop side on your child's crib is out of alignment. Please take a look and make sure it is very secure. Drop side cribs have been at fault for infant deaths when the rail is misaligned, allowing the child's head to be trapped between mattress and rail side. They are no longer sold due to the risk.
  • Belle La Vue
    11 years ago
    I like the idea of highlighting your room with pearlized paint. See photo below... I think walls are painted with an eggshell and then a design in pearlized paint is layered on top. This could be done with cream, a green or a blue. Have fun!

Karla Trincanello, NJ CID, ASID Allied · More Info

Karla Trincanello, NJ CID, ASID Allied · More Info
  • anee2013
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    thnks tea77....actually the crib is no longer used ..only the mattress is used ...but thnks anyways i know such cribs r no longer sold n i m also gonna throw it soon :) but thnks so much for the concern.
    Bonnie: i liked the pearl paint too....looks so pretty :)
  • tea77
    11 years ago
    thanks for the reply, anee! We are in process of moving our youngest out of a drop side crib this weekend so it was on my mind.
    Have fun shopping!
  • parsleycarrots
    11 years ago
    Aja, I love the navy/gold wall papers. Those are really nice.
  • User
    11 years ago
    Anee2013's beautiful headboard served as inspiration for such a lovely discussion!
  • PRO
    Susan Mills Design
    11 years ago
    I saw this room and just had to add it, anee your furniture is bringing out the girl in all of us.
  • PRO
    Susan Mills Design
    11 years ago
    This wall treatment looks like Venetian plaster which would be amazing.
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    11 years ago
    Aja I adore that first paper with the animals. Or is that a mural?
  • PRO
    Susan Mills Design
    11 years ago
    More ideas to add to all the other gorgeous ones posted.
  • PRO
    JMittman Designs
    11 years ago
    Changing the topic for a minute please. Anee2013, Please consider moving your child's crib away from the windows if there are blind cords dangling there. There have been huge recalls in the last few years on shades/blinds with loose cords due to strangling hazards. Of the deaths that occurred, many were due to cribs being next to the windows with the loose cords.
  • Stephanie Edwards
    11 years ago
    OH My use robins egg blue for sure!!! So pretty with cream and gold!!!
  • inabunker
    11 years ago
    I've got some pictures that might help.
  • mandek
    11 years ago
    Love the golds and cream with the dark framed picture fora little weight.
  • printesa
    11 years ago
    I like the darker blue..or the stainless paint..it would go great. Now if you want to go with the pearly paint, make sure that the wall is perfectly straight and smooth. Any bump or imperfection in the wall will be accentuated by the pearly paint. A wallpaper would go well, too..,,dark or something light with rich texture,,,something royal:)