Software
Houzz Logo Print
rickdwilson1

Need opinions for customer about this granite in kitchen

How do you feel about this granite countertops(picture) with white cabinets in a kitchen? As much input as possible please.

www.VirginiaRemodelings.com

Comments (13)

  • 11 years ago
    This granite makes me think of the 80's. The black and gold is a bit much for my taste.
    Virginia Remodelings .com thanked kayscare123
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    There are several pictures of this granite with white cabs. The kitchen is pretty spectacular looking, IMO, because the accents are spot on with black.



    Mt. Laurel Traditional Kitchen Countertops · More Info

    Personally, it is a bit more than I would want to live with for many years, but if your client loves it, then go for it.

    Virginia Remodelings .com thanked JudyG Designs
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I've used this granite with warm white cabinets...and love the outcome. Maybe balance with a dark backsplash to tie together. See for yourself!



    Virginia Remodelings .com thanked Rooftight Construction
  • 11 years ago

    The problem with any type of dark countertop is that it makes the room darker.

    That granite might work for an island rather than doing the entire kitchen in it so the room doesn't end up too dark.

    Virginia Remodelings .com thanked hayleydaniels
  • 11 years ago

    Not an expert here, but we went with a more, erm, "spectacular" granite for our kitchen and if I had a do-over, I would pick something more plain and even-toned. I like our granite but it is definitely the focal point of the kitchen. It makes it hard to dress the kitchen up in other ways, such as picking accent colors or changing the look for seasons. Just one client-perspective to consider. But if your client loves loves loves it, well, it's their kitchen.

    Virginia Remodelings .com thanked DIYMama2Two
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    my thought is the same as hayley's, use it for an island but only if there will be no cuts. also i think it would be great above a fireplace.

    any place where, if the customer suddenly has a what was i thinking moment, it can easily be swapped without expense other than a new counter.

    i do like it, but i can believe it doesnt play well with others.

    Virginia Remodelings .com thanked Judy Mishkin
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I like the granite. But I am not sure how it will look in a kitchen. I can totally see this granite in a bathroom. Now that would be spectacular! Good luck!

    Virginia Remodelings .com thanked Regal Construction & Remodeling Inc.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I don't see this granite with white cabinets, unless it was used on the island only; the counters being a simple black quartz and using brass accents throughout. Pairing to black cabinetry, it could be stunning, but it's a very modern look. Imagine the last 3 rooms below with it being used on the island, but it's a very specific taste.

    Rough Hollow Parade Home · More Info

    Bond Street Apartment · More Info

    Bluff House Kitchen, Dining · More Info
    Sellwood Library House · More Info

    Virginia Remodelings .com thanked Maureen
  • 11 years ago
    I would not like this granite with white cabinets. Truthfully, I just don't like it. Sorry, but you did ask.
    Virginia Remodelings .com thanked alicejean
  • 11 years ago

    It will definitely be the boss. Personally, it would drive me crazy but it isn't my kitchen.

  • 11 years ago
    I wouldn't pick it but it's gorgeous in that pic I think a off white would be better !! I have granite similar to this with all that movement but mine is black and white and grey and I'm in love with it ! It is hard to pick a back splash though still havnt and it's been a year
  • 11 years ago

    Beware of using this "granite". It's high mica content leaves it weak and it will shale on you in a heartbeat. It's also kinda "Elvis in Vegas" stylewise. Which probably works visually in the right setting. As long as you can get past it's deficiencies in it's structural nature.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations