Software
Houzz Logo Print
a3a61680

Venetian plaster fireplace??

13 years ago
Does this have a wax or sealer finish?
Modern Beach · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It is a 3 coat, hard troweled exterior plaster finish with integral colors. It is not waxed or sealed. The same finish is on the exterior of the chimney as well...
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I've done a few of these fireplaces with no issues, but a new contractor I'm working with has brought up the idea that the heat from the fireplace could cause cracking in the plaster. Has this happened to you?

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Very fortunately, we've not had any issues with cracking plaster. The fireplace is a true masonry fireplace, so the thermal mass may be working to our benefit here.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Thank you! I've never had issues either, so not sure why the contractor were's working with is so hesitant.

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets