Software
Houzz Logo Print
allison_restuccia

1950s Pink Bathroom meets 2015

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

Our house was built in 1951 and has a classic 1950s pink bathroom. We love the retro style of it, but the previous owners did not take care of it.... Vanity was falling apart, floor grout was black with dirt, faucets leaked-- the list goes on. Needless to say, it needed updating but we also wanted to maintain its charm.
We installed a shower (previously there was only a bathtub), new vanity/sink/countertop/fixtures etc., re-grouted the floor, installed an exhaust fan, and replaced all of the plumbing. Next project is our 1950s yellow master bath!


Comments (12)

  • 10 years ago
    Yes I totally agree
  • 10 years ago
    Hooray you kept the cool old tile! Good for you! Looks great.
  • 10 years ago
    Looks great but I would invest in a snazzier mirror - yours takes the up do down a notch. Nice job.
  • 10 years ago
    Coltsneck, thank you, I love your suggestion!My husband and I aren't very very good with interior design so suggestions like this-- things we don't notice on our own, are great! What do you mean my snazzier mirror/do you have an example?
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    The new cabinet with sink looks really nice! Also, the new fixtures definitely add a nice touch to it. I agree with a different mirror. Maybe one that would matches the dark wood cabinet. Great job!

  • 10 years ago
    I love it! You did a great job!
  • 10 years ago
    I love the retro colors. So glad you kept. Awesome update.
  • PRO
  • 10 years ago

    I love that you kept the pink! It looks awesome.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Nice job.

  • 10 years ago

    I would be on the look out for a period correct sink to go with the vibe here. And remove the wallpaper as its working against your efforts. A white tile floor would enhance the look even further by referencing that era better than the current floor. And here's an article of interest for you as inspiration.

    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/everything-old-is-new-again-pink-tile-bathroom-206163

    Everett Residence powder room · More Info