Software
Houzz Logo Print
sofia_ruiz

Starting over with Living/ Dinning Room Space

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

We moved into our house in Monterrey, Mexico a year and a half ago. At the time - and luckily for me- my husband ( who is in construction) had some left over furniture from one of his show homes that I was able to use because I just didn't know what to do with the space. Time has come to give that back and I'm still unsure about what to do. The area is long and narrow but has windows all down one side so is very light. Measurements are 13.1 X 26.25 ft. There's not really a focal point as such here. The view you see as you walk in ( and from the front door actually) is as on imagine 3.
Everything is going except the tree trunk in the corner of the dining room which is the new base for the dining table which will have a glass top and seat 8-10. I'm looking for a transitional, cozy feel to the room since it can look very cold with the light, hard floors and white walls. There's also an element of stone there too with the grey pillars on the left. In terms of a sofa I'm not sure if that would be best along with some accent chairs instead of a sectional. And lastly, I do need to take into account that I have 3 small boys aged between 4 and 9 so spills and marks are common in this household! I can order items in from the US if I can't find equivalents here. Ideas much appreciated!

Comments (4)