Software
Houzz Logo Print
keadupree

Cost?

10 years ago
If you don't mind me asking, How much was this renovation/addition? I'm the DC area also and we are looking to add on to our 750sqft home in Brookland area. We're trying to figure out a realistic budget. I have heard any where from $200/sqft to $350/sqft. I kwo it's all about the finishes but I would real love to know how much this project cost the home owners. Thanks!
Cape Cod addition · More Info

Comments (7)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I hate talking about per square foot costs because you are trying to apply a commodity price to a custom project. That being said, in the DC area it's getting to be tough to do renovations/additions at $200/sf. $250 to $300 is a better preliminary number

  • 10 years ago

    Thanks so much for the quick response. Are you licensed in DC? We are looking for a builder and would like to start our project in the spring/summer. We are still working with the architect to get drawing finished.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Yes, we are. We are currently doing work in 3 of the 4 quadrants of DC. Who is your architect and where do you live? It's probably better to take this conversation offline. I'm in the office the rest of today and most of tomorrow. 240-395=0400 Mark

  • 10 years ago

    Was the second story already there or is that all new? We have a 1950 cape cod with two rooms upstairs but would like to add a third bedroom and bathroom. I like the addition in the back.

  • 10 years ago

    Oh I also forgot to ask if this house has a basement. Our house doesn't and the HVAC cuts the kitchen and bathroom on the first floor.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    the green addition in the back was the main addition. The existing house has a low basement, but the addition was on a crawlspace. the front dormer had some work done to it. that was the original master. It's now the temp quarters for in-laws and out-laws. We reran the ductwork from a new furnace/AC through the crawlspace and eliminated almost all the duct chases through the house. You can see all of the project photos on our Houzz site

    Family porch in rear · More Info

    Open kitchen and family room · More Info

    Cape Cod master bedroom · More Info