Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paradisesh8

Jack & Jill paint color

paradisesh8
8 years ago

My sons bedroom is SW Lakeshore, my daughters room is SW Enchant. Looking for a paint to compliment both colors in their bathroom.. Am I headed in the right direction?

Comments (25)

• acm
    8 years ago

Seems ok. A slightly warmer gray could work too.

paradisesh8 thanked acm
  • Alysia Read
    8 years ago
    I love the color you have picked
    paradisesh8 thanked Alysia Read
  • paradisesh8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks! Do I do a lavender rug for her and a navy rug for him? What about accessories?

• er612
    8 years ago

I love your choices thus far. Are you wanting rugs and accessories for the bath or bedrooms?

paradisesh8 thanked er612
  • libradesigneye
    8 years ago

The sort of mossy green undertone to the stone is sort of fighting the blue gray to me. Have you considered a soft straw tone for the walls instead? Something paler than their wall colors so the room feels lighter inside? Jack and Jills don't usually have great natural light at the vanity - afraid the blue on the walls is going to create some ugly looking skin tones.

• PRO
    Bailey Construction & Painting
    8 years ago

It looks okay to me, but I'm not an interior decorator either. Maybe a light brown, brownish grey, or a beige may work as well?

• PRO
    Sweet Success Contractors Inc.
    8 years ago
    Try to pick out a gray in the stone and go with that.
  • paradisesh8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Rugs and accessories for the bathroom...

• luna1701
    8 years ago
    I'd be very careful going anything with much color at all. There's a bathroom I had that was painted a straw yellow that cast everyone's hair three shades darker and gave you funky skin tones. Same with a red one and a blue one.
  • paradisesh8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Maybe a light cream color?

• Susan Davis
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I would go a light beige maybe sw accessible beige from the granite as suggested and do whole room neutral.

Here are some neutral and some variations of teal colored jack and jill bathrooms.

Cantrell Ave · More Info

Issaquah Highlands Residence · More Info

Magnolia · More Info

Jack & Jill Bath · More Info

paradisesh8 thanked Susan Davis
  • paradisesh8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

This is the bathroom now.. I'm liking the cream idea with colorful accent pieces from both bedrooms..

• paradisesh8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Walls are currently SW Macadamia. Blah!!

• PRO
    Shakuff
    8 years ago

It's a kids' bathroom, so I am sure you want to keep it a bit fun. I would say you're headed in the right direction, but the color should have a tad more green in it, try to maybe find some lighter tints of the lakeshore. www.shakuff.com

• er612
    8 years ago

Here's another paint option. I would use the same colors on both sides.

• paradisesh8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Where are these cute border rugs from?

• C F
    8 years ago

To echo Luna's comment, just be careful about color saturation in the bathroom. I am in the middle of painting a baby's room in BM Opal, which looks like a cream with pink undertones in the actual bedroom. I figured I'd go ahead and paint the bathroom and closet the same color. It's not a problem, but it is crazy how much pinker this paint looks in the bathroom than it does in the bedroom. The light change, mirror, and walls close to each other have upped the saturation level by 200%.

• er612
    8 years ago

Pottery Barn but I'd save money and get coordinating towels at Target.

• paradisesh8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

So I've narrowed it down to these 2 colors.. Any votes??

• PRO
    Shakuff
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I'm liking the color glimmer above... anyway to get a sample of it to compare?

paradisesh8 thanked Shakuff
  • er612
    8 years ago

I'd let your kids pick or shop for rugs and towels and then pick which color is easier to match.

• User
    8 years ago
    I don't think the creme goes well the other two colors though looks good with the granite. And don't like the gray with the granite but like it with the other colors! Yikes, that's not much help. I would also let the kids pick rugs, maybe their next favorite color but not matching the wall color. Check out a color wheel for the colors opposite their wall colors then let them choose from those choices- (if you want a contrasting color).
  • User
    8 years ago

Here's a color wheel for you. Looks like green or yellow for her and orange or red for him. Then go very neutral in bath.

• libradesigneye
    8 years ago

The apple green / grellow (yellow green) .. will work with their room colors and the stone but you are going to need to test - test - test if you head away from off whites for the wall. I'd use a clean soft white on the wall (one that worked with the cabinet and stone), then add apple green towels.