Software
Houzz Logo Print
gulliverswift

windows that open inwards

13 years ago
I have a lovely room with a high barn style ceiling and floor to ceiling windows, that are about 8'6" high and 3' wide. The top half is fixed and the bottom half either tilts or opens inwards. I had my heart set on shutters, but the fitter says shutters are not possible with inwards opening windows. It is a bedroom so I want to be able to block the light and open the windows at night, so are curtains the only option, or are there shutters that fix onto the actual window a bit like velux window blinds? I have attached a picture of one of the windows and there is another matching one on this wall as well.
I would be so grateful for any suggestions. My second choice would be floaty curtains, but blocking the light and pulling them might be tricky? Thanks so much!

Comments (4)