Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maplemar

White Bins

Maplemar Glazer
11 years ago
What is the white system set into the countertops?
Neolith Cement · More Info

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Marble and Granite, Inc.
    11 years ago
    The bins were fabricated from the same material the countertops are made, Neolith large format porcelain, in the color Nieve!
  • PRO
    Marble and Granite, Inc.
    11 years ago
    You are correct in saying it isn't bright white. They are coming out with a whiter color called Arctic White but it isn't available yet. We do love this product and have seen it mostly used as large format flooring tiles, for walls and shower/tub surrounds. WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE CAESARSTONE TOO! These products really don't compete. Caesarstone as a color, Pure White, that is by far the whitest material for a countertop that we have ever seen.
  • Maplemar Glazer
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    When you say they don't compete, why is that? We are considering both - do you prefer Caesarstone? We don't know that much about Neolith but it was brought to our attention
  • PRO
    Marble and Granite, Inc.
    11 years ago
    Caesarstone comes in 3cm and 2cm thickness while Neolith comes in 5mm, 8mm and 1cm. The most commonly used thickness for kitchens is 3cm in our market. Neolith can be built up to that thickness but it increases the labor and the cost. If you are looking for a modern sleek look then the Neolith 1cm is a great option. Another difference is that Caesarstone slabs are 120" X 56" vs. Neolith 144" X 48". The 48" height limits the usage of counter widths (typically 25 1/2" ) per slabs causing excess waste. I hope this is helpful.
  • Maplemar Glazer
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    It really is - comparing material to material - which do you prefer? I've heard that Neolith is indestructible and gives a very clean and modern seamless look - we are hoping the cement will give the look of real concrete - but I LOVE what you did with the built in bins! What do people use them for? Thanks again for all your help!
    Neolith is very new to the US, right? (But used in Europe a lot?)
  • Maplemar Glazer
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last question - who makes the sink and faucet? (Obviously I love the look you created!)