Software
Houzz Logo Print
avajw

Tea, or no tea?

10 years ago

I will drink tea sometimes...

I love TEA!!!
Ugh! Tea!
I will drink it occasionally...
Other?

Comments (33)

  • 10 years ago

    tooky58, what is the republic of tea's brand?

  • 10 years ago

    Try Nerada tea from Australia. Very nice.

    Ava Williams thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Nerada tea, never heard of it! Care to tell me more?

  • 10 years ago

    Although i like irish black breakfast tea, i do not like any american black teas. i drink orange pekoe.

    Ava Williams thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    I drink tea when it's very cold outside or when I'm sick.

    Ava Williams thanked Belahn
  • 10 years ago

    @ava-republic of tea is the brand. Great earl grey, Orange ginger mint, blood Orange, I could keep going. One nice thing is you can order lots of sample sizes, makes approx 10 cups.

    Ava Williams thanked tooky58
  • 10 years ago

    I used to drink coffee tooky, we would grind the beans and then make the coffee in a perculator. But now, it is the only taste i know of that has not returned since the cancer. really strange, i used to love coffee!

    Ava Williams thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    Thx Tooky58

  • 10 years ago

    @havingfun, I used to be a coffee drinker but my meds ruined it,along with spicy food. Hope you are cancer free and remain that way. Hubby has a single serve grind-and-brew & his brother sends beans from trader joes.

  • 10 years ago
    In FL, sweet iced tea rules! I'm not a fan of hot tea.
    Ava Williams thanked teamaltese
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I drink tea allllll day long. It's my favorite drink.

    Ava Williams thanked Lauren Elyse Art
  • 10 years ago

    tea, do you go to the rodeo every year?

  • 10 years ago

    havingfun, if you are talking to me, no

  • 10 years ago
    We're newbies, not sure where the rodeo is?
  • 10 years ago

    I was talking to tea, as in teamaltese. Sweet tea is only popular in the center of the state, where the good old boys-from the north (like GA), own or run large orange groves and cattle -omg, i know this word!!! Cattle plantations? hmmmm anyway, there is a big rodeo towards the center of the state every year. went there as a kid once, part of our multicultural learning, Horse kicked my sister in the head. so I was teasing you. I never heard of the stuff til we went north for the first time in my teens. You can tell how MD sits, when i lived west no sweet tea, moved to eastern shore, all they serve, same with Southern DE. such learning i get.

    And don't worry, i will remember that word sooner or later, i remember all around it. drovers, cowboys, rustlers, hmmmm....

  • 10 years ago
    @havingfun, sweet tea has taken over south of the Mason Dixon line! Every restaurant in the DC area served it. We're on the SW Gulf Coast now, and there are many cattle plantations here, one right down the street from the busiest shopping area in Sarasota.
  • 10 years ago

    I order mine thru Harney and Sons. Hot Cinnamon Spice! It is great hot or cold. They have tea sachets.

    I also order "Elegant Gathering of White Snows" from Todd and Holland. I have a tea press that I use for my loose tea.

    I use Kcup tea also. Luzianne has some that makes great iced tea.

    I have a granddaughter now. I cannot wait to take her to afternoon tea!!!

    Ava Williams thanked Kathi Steele
  • 10 years ago

    see i told you! never saw it in Sarasota proper, tampa, brandon, disney, orlando, jax, miami, none of those places. Certainly not on St. Armands! lol

    cattle ranch! Aha! told you i would remember! I remember when you used to smell the citrus groves in sarasota, well everywhere for that matter. Uggh, solid headaches for 2 months.

    go see the new room i put up!

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Tea or not tea? Sounds like a philosophy question. : )

  • 9 years ago

    I've been coming to Houzz for awhile but decided to see if anyone was talking about tea. We've been in the tea business over a decade with stores in Lake Arrowhead, Temecula..and now online. One fun thing since getting out of the physical locations and moving online is doing a new channel on YouTube. One of my first is how to make amazing shaken iced tea at home that's better than the 'big coffee house' iced tea. http://bit.ly/2pBptFc We just don't do tea bags and I say why in the video. Definitely tea, tea, tea, tea, tea!! :)

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    @Diane, if it comes loose leaf that's what I get. I only buy bags if there's no choice. When I find ones I like it buy bulk, live rural and don't want to run out of the good stuff. What tea do you sell?

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Hi @tooky58, our website is https://calteas.com. We had 5 star Yelp for the entire 5 years we had our bricks and mortar here locally and moved online recently. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about tea or herbals. It's always wonderful to find people who are loose tea lovers!! We're fanatics about taste..bottom line!

  • 9 years ago

    i figured out this trick and it has been working well. green tea is good for you, but both my husband and i find it bland and if it does taste we don't like it. when i made a pot of tea, it was fine. hubby does not though. so i figured out that you can place the teabags in you sauces etc.

  • 9 years ago

    @havingfun Green tea tastes bland to some people if it's just green tea. It really kicks it up for many people when there are citrusy, minty, etc., additions to it. There are tons of things you can do with used tea leaves. If you Google 'what to do with used tea leaves' you won't believe it!! Also, the quality of tea in tea bags is called 'dust', which is very different from loose tea.

  • 9 years ago

    are you saying it is lower quality? i was saying to use in sauces/soups etc. instead of drinking if you do not like. When i make a pot and mix with others it is fine, but since hubby only does cup at a time, we quit drinking.

  • 9 years ago

    @Diane, thank you. I saved your site to go back too. I've been getting Republic of Tea for years. Favorites are Earl Grey, orange ginger mint and Raspberry Rose Hibiscus. The hibiscus only comes in bags but I buy as much loose leaf as possible. One of the things I like about them is you can buy refills for your small canister and also bulk.

    Oh, their seasonal Pumpkin Spice is really tasty too. My cowboy coffee husband likes it and the hibiscus also.

  • 9 years ago

    @tooky58 We have something called Hip Hibiscus which is really delicious, under 'Herbals'. Our Earl Grey is amazing as it's one of my personal go-to teas..love it! Hope you enjoy the site! Rooibos is something everyone should look at for their herbal repertoire, as it's equal to green tea in antioxidants and the green Rooibos is 100X higher in antioxidants than either tea or even the oxidized 'red' Rooibos.

  • 9 years ago

    @havingfun, yes, tea is graded. There are sieves the leaves are put through, and the 'dust' or 'fannings' fall to the bottom for tea bags. You can make loose tea by the cup, just do 1 heaping tsp. to 6-8 oz. water instead of a tea bag, and brew it in a pot and increase tea per cups desired by the heaping tsp. Then you can pour it through a sieve into the cup if you don't have a regular tea infuser. You can also brew it for recipes you see in magazines or the internet instead of tea bags, with that same measurement. People think it's more expensive, but actually it's not when you do the math and the taste is very different than bags!

  • 9 years ago

    oh yes, i understand, i have 3 diffusers from when i lived in the city, just did not know that about the bags. i live in small town now have never been into herbals, so i had not even thought to search online. will look thank you.

  • 9 years ago

    Our website is just calteas.com. But we just started a YouTube channel that gives how-to's on things like how to make barista-style shaken iced tea at home, etc. about one video a week. It's here: http://bit.ly/2lhN3kQ 

  • 9 years ago

    Diane, I've tried Rooibos teas, cannot stand them. Both red and green, just, no...

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    @tooky58, a lot of people don't like Rooibos because of its' 'different' taste. It's one of those 'love or hate' things. :) A coffee house owner told me today she wanted a Rooibos that didn't taste like a Rooibos when I made my first call and she had someone else's Rooibos with blood orange to 'hide the Rooibos taste.' There are so many other great teas and herbals to choose from, it's really not going to limit your experience! South African's, like the lady here in town who was on Survivor a long time ago, Jillian, absolutely adore it; it's almost their national drink and the only place in the world where it's grown.