Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691928

Neighbor dog and cigarette butt problems

10 years ago

I have some really trashy neighbors, and I don't say that lightly. They are so lazy it's not funny. They never walk their large dog, but let him just go wherever he wants to do his business and never pick it up. They actually have two dogs, and I've caught the little one peeing in my flower bed. They stand out in front of the apartment to smoke and just toss the butts right there on the ground and sidewalk. I asked them nicely to pick up the dog doo, but they just sneered at me. I reported them and they got a written violation, and all they did was sweep the butts over into the grassy area, and this morning, I was outside and saw her just let the dog come out, unleashed, to go do his business on the grass where I walk to take my garbage out again. It's like a minefield trying to walk across there without stepping in something. I was raking leaves and found several piles of his dog-doo. They are obviously incorrigible. Since giving them a written violation didn't work, I'm thinking of collecting all the dog-doo every time I find it, soaking it in water to make a nice little mushy pile, and putting it in front of their gate. I know, that makes me just as bad as they are, but it's really getting

Comments (6)

  • 10 years ago

    Can you video them and report to police? Those would be fines were I live.

  • 10 years ago

    Do nothing directly confrontational or illegal yourself.

  • 10 years ago

    Have you contacted the landlord again, its up to him to solve the issue, i agree with Embothrium, you already said they are trashy people and you dont know what they are capable of.

  • 10 years ago

    I picked up six piles of poo when raking a very small area the other day. I'm going to put it into a baggie and take it to the manager and tell her about the butts not being picked up and their still letting their large dog (considered a dangerous breed in some places) run unleashed. He's not even supposed to be here, because he weighs over 30 lbs. If she doesn't do anything this time, I'm going to go to the home office. There are children here. You can't just let a big dog run loose. I feel sorry for the dog. He's never walked or exercised at all. The furthest I've seen them take him the one time he was on a leash was just to the edge of the complex, about 50 feet away, where they just stood and smoked while the dog sat there. I hate people who don't take care of their animals. Their male cat isn't neutered and he is always beating up on the other cats here. I'm pretty sure spay/neuter and I KNOW vaccination is a law here, so maybe animal control could get involved. I doubt they are vaccinated, if they aren't neutered.

  • 10 years ago

    I hope your manager will do something,I'd like to hear what she has to say, it would have been great if you did have a video of the dog un-leashed and pooping. The more you can show her the better. Good Luck

  • 10 years ago

    The management might have to give a tenant several warnings before they are evicted. So they have received one written warning. Report to management that nothing has changed. And if you have good management, they will move on to the next step, which could be another written warning or something more serious.


    I'd stop talking to these neighbors. They are going to suspect that you are behind the warnings, and they may become mean. Just ignore them. And continue to document what they, or their dog, do/does, and continue reporting to management.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz