Software
Houzz Logo Print
alc77

Master bedroom furniture

13 years ago
Does master bedroom furniture have to match? I have matching end tables but was thinking of mixing it up with the dresser. Any design tips/advice?

Comments (29)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Absolutely mix it up! Just keep some style element of them similar (for example, don't mix Victorian with country). If you decide to go with a painted dresser, make sure that color is picked up in pillows, lamps or other accents.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for the info! I have cherry end tables/ headboard and was thinking if doing a steamer trunk cabinet as my dresser. In opinion on color combinations!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    First choose the colors you want in the room. Find inspiration rooms. The pic below shows a mix of cherry with rustic finishes. This works well with richer colors. If you want softer colors maybe white or cream colored pieces.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Love steamer trunks but aren't they short? And are you asking about color combinations? They are infinite. Depends on what fabrics or colors you have now - or are you doing a total makeover with new bedding?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    If you can manage eclectic - you can go for something very different - such as a baroque old dresser painted in a vibrant colour or in a patina of silver. Sometimes mixing it up can work very well!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    like this?
  • 13 years ago
    That's the exact trunk I was looking at!!! This Is the color. New house and want to do new furniture
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I feel the colors are too similar. Do you have your bedding chosen yet? I really think the piece needs to be painted. i do like mixing wood tones, but these may be too close. What are your thoughts on this? The curves give a more formal feel while the finish is fun.
  • 13 years ago
    This is the other dresser I was looking at
  • 13 years ago
    I don't think my last post went. That is my new comforter ha ha. We built a new house so I pulled the old headboard and end tables over as they were only 2 years old. I like the painted one. We have very light gray walls white wood blinds and neutral carpet. My husband is very opinionated so I have to be careful what I pick lol
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It works with the bed, but not sure about the end tables....what if you chose something painted black?
    Mill Valley Classic Cottage · More Info

    OR
    Charming Cape Cod Renovation · More Info

    OR
    Kim Nichols · More Info

    Ultimately it is your space and you must choose what you love. You have to wake up to it every morning.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    ok, so I'm not sure where I saw curves in your end tables...lol. Your existng pieces are more contemporary than I thought. p.s. love your puppy!
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you! Shes adorable but a lot Of work! :) I like the second one. That's my problem is I just am clueless about what looks good together! The funny thing is the bed and end tables are from the same collection!! Lol better pics from crown mark fifth avenue collection
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    follow your gut....you have good instincts.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for all your input! You have been a good sounding board for someone that doesn't have huge confidence in their interior decorating skills!!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I am glad i could help.....I love design and shopping so this feeds my addiction and doesn't cost me anything. Just please yourself and don't buy anything you can't return...lol PLEASE post after pics- can't wait to see the end result
  • 13 years ago
    :) thanks so much! Ps do u like these for the bottom of the bed?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    yes, very much....could you get them in a color fabric? I think a blue would be very nice
  • 13 years ago
    I've only seen brown cream and red
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I wonder if you could put new on them easy enough- it wouldn't take much, just a thought. Ideas
  • 13 years ago
    I was thinking about that too... Re-upholster (sp?) it. I really like the last color... Would it clash with the plum coloring On the bedspread though?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Well there are other fabrics similar to that- i was just going for a stripe, a geometric, etc.....some variety to see what you were drawn to.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    ?
  • 13 years ago
    I'm def more of a stripe girl... Not super Girly
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    one more
  • 13 years ago
    I love that one! Where is it?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    JoAnn Fabrics
  • 13 years ago
    Awesome! Thanks for all your help!!!