Software
Houzz Logo Print
christa0429

CoreTec Plus Floor- Right Choice?

10 years ago

Will a CoreTec Plus floor devalue my home? I am thinking of putting it through my foyer, laundry room, kitchen, dining room and living room. My house is approx. 1600 sq ft. I don't want to spend the $ on hardwood, but still want a wood look. I've been looking at the 7" wide CoreTec Plus in either blackstone oak or alabaster oak. I've been doing a lot of reading and research. The reviews seems to be mixed. I don't want to hurt my resale, but am trying to stick with a budget. I am worried that I'm choosing something for my main living area, that many people might only put in a basement, or a product that would be used more often in a commercial setting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (12)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    This product is amazing andAs long as the future buyer can be educated on the product as far as maintenance and lifetime warranty I can't see why they wouldn't love it. Waterproof scratch resistant virtually maintenance free I mean it's hard to beat it. What area do you live in if you don't mind me asking?

  • 10 years ago

    Thanks for your reply--- I am in Michigan.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I wish you we're closer because I actually sell and offer installation for this product. Not retail prices either. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also have you considered duraceramic?



    I love it because it can be grouted and has a warmer softer feel compared to traditional ceramic tile. You can contact me if you would like when you finally decide which floor you are purchasing and I can offer it to you at wholesale price. I would just have it shipped directly to you. For a larger job this would save you a considerable amount of money. The product I showed you and these pictures is a duraceramic job.

  • 10 years ago

    Thanks. I appreciate the suggestion, and may be in touch.

  • 9 years ago

    We, too, are debating vinyl floors with the same concerns.

  • 9 years ago
    How much additional does electric warm bathroom floors add to cost? Ball park figure for sq foot?
  • 9 years ago

    In a house of a certain level, yes, vinyl will lose you value. Mid grade and up expects authentic wood, whether solid or engineered. In an entry level home, to lower mid grade, vinyl plank will be about like laminate. An acceptable fake. But, it often isn't any less expensive than a lower cost wood when all installation necessities are actually addressed.

  • 9 years ago

    An appraiser hears vinyl, and the value goes down. It puts all of your the other finishes suspect as being fake as well as the more important stuff behind the walls.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I'm a big fan of Coretec Plus, for the right places. You can read my full Coretec review here.


    That
    being said, going back to your question on whether it will lower your resale value, that depends. It depends on where you live and what's expected in your area/your type of home.


    If you are going from carpet to Coretec, yes, I'd say that you will probably improve your selling price/speed on market (even though it's not a capital improvement). But, hardwood will improve your value more (and be a capital improvement...can reduce sales tax now and potential for reducing capital gains tax later as some added benefits).


    But, it depends on what's standard and preferred in your area. If you are a mid to higher priced home in Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Mid West, solid hardwood will be more beneficial. If you are in lower end area, Coretec would be acceptable (and a better alternative vs. laminate). I hope that helps.

  • 7 years ago

    Perfect Flooring Maryland, I have been told by a builder to avoid DuraCeramic because it scratches easily. Your experience?

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I have a 525 lb wood burner sitting on a 220 lb hearth. From what ive heard i dont want to set this up on a free floating floor but also don't want to lay flooring around it for resale purpose.

    is glueing an option with coretec?

    what would you recommend?