Software
Houzz Logo Print
aka_kricket

Major Kitchen Renovation!

13 years ago
We ripped gutted our original 1950's kitchen (complete with cheap plywood cabinets). We also tore out a wall that separated the small kitchen and tiny dining room. We've been using the space for some months now, and I still can't believe it's mine!

Comments (18)

  • 13 years ago
    I like the countertop and all items in the room. Great job you Guys!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Cool, nice job.
  • 13 years ago
    Love it...so homey and fresh!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great decision to keep a bit of separation between the living room and the new kitchen area. Nice renovation !
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great use of space, really cool!
  • 13 years ago
    Great work. It looks stylish and homey. Just what I like!
  • 13 years ago
    Nice job! We are in the process of designing and renovating our kitchen too. I noticed in your before picture that you had wood floors and tile or brick in the kitchen. What type of flooring did you put in the new kitchen and how did you integrate it with the existing wood floors? Thanks for any input you can offer, and congratulations again on your new beautiful kitchen.
  • 13 years ago
    Looks Great!
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks Pat! We put brick thins on the floor in the kitchen area. We had to tear out six layers of linoleum to get to the subfloor. Then we put down 1/8" cement board to make the finished height match the existing wood floors. You can see photos of the process here http://livefromrexburg.blogspot.com/2012/11/kitchen-reno-process.html
  • 13 years ago
    Looks like a ton of work, but you guys did an amazing job! The brick floor looks great. We're still looking at different options for the flooring, but hopefully, ours will come out just as nice. Thanks for getting back so quickly. Enjoy your lovely kitchen!
  • 13 years ago
    Looks fantastic! Where did you get your wood countertops?
  • 13 years ago
    They're ikea countertops that we sanded down and sealed with waterlox
  • 12 years ago
    I LOVE your brick floors!! What are they called and where did you purchase the brick?
    Great Job!!
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful counters and backsplash.
    Kricket Mounts thanked grobby
  • 12 years ago
    We purchased the brick locally and used a tile saw to cut the fronts off to create tiles. At the time, that was the only option. But I've seen actual tiles available now, which would have saved us so much backache and money!
    http://www.wayfair.com/Daltile-Union-Square-2-1-4-x-8-Brick-Field-Tile-in-Courtyard-Red-US03281P-DAI2186.html?tl_361677262=C233B1C9-A654-400B-9064-B4FB1AE16475
  • 12 years ago
    @saltcitybabe The only before pic is the birthday party one I included with these. I wish all the time that we had some better ones!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Nice change - good job!
    Kricket Mounts thanked David Frosch