Software
Houzz Logo Print
jjsteele99

Should I stone the entire wall or not.

10 years ago

I have a red brick house with a covered porch in back. I am updating the porch with a new breadboard ceiling and I have removed a huge post that was right in the middle. Now I have one nice size porch that is 20x 9. I want to add a fireplace, but two walls have windows and the other one has a door. The door is one foot from the 20 foot windowed wall. I would like to add a stone fire place and was thinking of stoning the entire wall including both sides of the door. Or should I leave the brick on the other side of the door. The fire place would be almost 5 feet wide, the door is 3 feet and the rest of the wall is roughly 1 foot . Please advise. Thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio