Software
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Washing stemware in Bosch 800

10 years ago

I can't find any place in this DW to safely wash stemware. In my previous Miele it could could go in multiple places. I looked on the Bosch website for some kind of stemware accessory and the only thing they have is a cup and wineglass basket. Does anyone have this thing. Or where do you put wine glasses so they don't tip and crash.

Comments (9)

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Which model do you have? I suppose not one of the Benchmark ones with the glass support in thw lower rack?

    Stemware usually goes on the second row to the right in the upper basket, with the fold-down shelves supporting the stems.

    If you really want to, you could try tracking down one of these inserts from Amazon UK, for example.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I have an SHE68T56UC. For some reason the fold down shelves don't align with the stems in any way that secures the glasses - not to mention only small glasses fit on the top shelf if you want to put plates in the bottom. I'd buy the basket thing if I knew someone had used it successfully. I can't imagine that no one is washing wine glasses in this DW.

  • 10 years ago

    Too bad only the TOL Bosch Benchmark, Thermador and Gaggenau models offer the European lower rack that holds eight pieces of stemware.

    These glass baskets do work - a friend of mine just bought his second GlassSecure Tray because he uses it so much. I'm just afraid you will have to have it shipped to you from Europe, as I haven't seen it in the US yet.

  • 10 years ago

    The basket they show on their US website does fit on the lower rack. It isn't however either of the items above.

  • 10 years ago

    Okay - I figured out how to load them on the top rack. You have to make sure the cup racks are clamped to the vertical part of the rack. Then you have to fold down a row of tines so you can angle the glass enough to be stabilized by the cup rack. Then you need to lower the top rack enough to fit the larger glass round base under the top silverware rack. I can still easily fit plates on the bottom. I knew there had to be a way - other than putting two small ones in the long silverware basket.....

  • 10 years ago

    Yes, the accessory for cups and glasses, shown on the US page, fits in the lower rack. The European-style racks have this built into them; similar to Miele dishwashers.

    Glad to hear that you were able to make the glasses fit. You can tilt the upper basket to make more room.

    Here is Whirlpool's glass insert for the lower rack that, strangely enough, hasn't made it to the US yet, either. Two of these will hold 24 glasses in one load (plus whatever fits in the top rack).

  • 10 years ago

    Do they think we don't drink enough wine over here to warrant these features?

  • 10 years ago

    I don't know. Maybe there will be an insert for Starbucks cups at some point, though... ;-)

  • 6 years ago

    Thermador (premium brand of Bosch) just released a 24" Glass Care Center dishwasher that will handle up to 28 wine glasses! (DWHD771WFM) Now you can party and still get all those stems and beer steins clean before breakfast the next morning!! Pricey $2399 but you decide if it's worth it!