Software
Houzz Logo Print
k_ingle

15 years ago
Recommended source for this mesh? Also would like to know the size of the square openings in the mesh. I can only find 4x4 mesh and am being told that is too big for code.
Deck · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    15 years ago
    This looks like 4 x 4 to me and it's often found at the hardware store in the fencing aisle. Too big for code? That is odd. Code sorta revolves around the fact that a child should not be able to slip his head in the openings. 4 x 4 should be fine. I'd ask more questions of your code advisor.
  • 15 years ago
    Ha! Yep, that's smaller than a newborn's head, and they don't generally go around sticking their heads in things. Still, code says a 4" diam ball cannot pass through any opening, so I'll test some 4x4 sheets I found at a local ranch store. Seems if the mesh is 4" on center, and the gauge is hefty enough, I'll be ok.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Just saw your question. You have probably moved on to new projects. Yes, this is 4x4 welded wire mesh.