Software
Houzz Logo Print
sumjay

Backsplash Help Needed

10 years ago
I'm looking for backsplash suggestions. This reno has my head spinning, I'm exhausted and out of ideas. I'll attach a few pics of samples I've selected but I'm open to suggestion. My perimeter granite is leathered steel grey, island is arctic quartz, cabinets are BM white dove and floors hardwood in a dark brown.

Comments (19)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I like the grey subway tile or you could the white with a mixture/accent of other color



    Backsplashes · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    You have chosen some beautiful tile samples, especially the tile on the left that is in the 3rd photo. Your back splash would look great in either the light gray or white!

  • PRO
    10 years ago


    Backsplashes · More Info
    Backsplashes · More Info

    Here are a couple more ideas

  • 10 years ago

    Lovely remodel so far! Because the only movement you have is your island, I'd add a more intricate backsplash, like white diamond shapes with a light gray grout. Putting in gray will make that wall look a bit muddy.

  • 10 years ago
    I like the grey diamond shape since you have a lot of white going on with the cabinets, but either would look nice.
  • 10 years ago
    There's movement in the island and the perimeter granite is textured. I love the diamond tiles but I'm not sure if the pattern would be too busy to use for the entire kitchen.
  • 10 years ago

    I think the basket weave above may collect a lot of grease while cooking since it is a three dimensional style. I personally like the grey subway or diamond shape tile with all the white you have going on.

    Subway is always a good choice. It can be larger or smaller or regular size. It can be pillow with a high glaze or matte. It can be laid in so many interesting ways such as running bond, vertical or horizontal, end on end vertical or horizontal, chevron or herringbone.

    I would do a running bond horizontal with either the diamond tile above the stove or a chevron pattern above the stove. Outlined with a thin pencil trim in a slightly darker grey. Lay the tile 1/8" apart & use a slightly darker grey grout.

  • 10 years ago

    Great looking kitchen. With the choices you have already made, you are not likely to go wrong. Relax & decide.

  • 10 years ago
    I would go with the grey hexagonal tile. It will pick up more of the grey in your island counter and add more visual interest. Good luck - your kitchen is beautiful.
  • 10 years ago

    Gray or white diamonds with matching grout. I agree with SandraClark about behind the stove. Keep it simple. We'd love to see an after photo.

  • 10 years ago

    Please no accent tile or glass tile. What you've chosen looks great! I would stick with the one that most closely matches your cabinets and let the counters be the star!

  • 10 years ago
    Does the marble subway or herringbone go or is that too much with granite and quartz?
  • 10 years ago

    I like your diamond patterned tiles above, in either gray or white. If you use matching grout, it wouldn't look too busy, but is still interesting. I think the marble is too busy since you have two other patterned counters and pattern in the tiles themselves.

  • 10 years ago
    I LOVE the herringbone, we are building right now and doing a white kitchen, I love your choices but I've seen the herringbone and it's awesome
  • 10 years ago
    Herringbone looks great
  • 10 years ago
    Where did you get your samples? I will be shopping soon
  • 10 years ago
    Calidesign ~ Do you think the marble subway in a 3x6 with subtle veining would be too much movement? I like the white diamond but wonder if the pattern is too much. Part of me wants to give up and go with a plain white subway.
  • 10 years ago
    Kiwi ~ Those are from Lowe's. I picked them up to use as a visual guide.