Software
Houzz Logo Print
noreastern

Stupidly washed unfinished floor with water

10 years ago

I recently had some old linoleum removed to reveal the hardwood floor underneath. I plan to have this floor sanded and refinished. After the linoleum was removed, there was some dust and debris and I cleaned it up with a small bowl of water and a wet rag. I didn't leave water to pool on the floor or anything, but I got the wood pretty wet. The wood looked dry again in a few hours.

The next morning I noticed a few water stains and did some research to learn that unfinished wood and water is a big mistake. Now I'm worried that I have seriously damaged my floors. How concerned should I be?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths