Software
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_muscato

Color choices, Arghh,!!!

10 years ago

I have picked out zodiac London Sky counters . I can't decide between a warm white vs a starker white. I have a kohler white farmhouse sink. The cabinets are Decora. The warm white matches Conestoga Frosty white in case any of u are more familiar with that color. When the warm white cabinet color is next to the sink color it has cream undertones . Will that look bad? The whiter whiter seems really stark and cold I will have wood floors in medium stain- maybe that would warm it up? Help!!!!! I cant decide!!!

Comments (10)

  • 10 years ago

    Here's your photo. Easier not to have it in a separate thread:

  • 10 years ago

    Here you go.

    Having found the photo that goes with the question, I still need to be sure I'm getting what you're asking. The middle sample is the quartz countertop Zodiac London Sky, got that, and that sample plus the two whites are sitting on the floor color (lovely warm floor!). What are the two whites again?

  • 10 years ago

    I like the warmer white on the right with the countertop sample. Also, the white sample on the left looks textured which could be throwing off the tone of that white. I think matching the cabinet white to the countertop is more important than matching it to the sink, JMO.

    Oakley thanked romy718
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Possibly amending my advice. Here a couple of bigger pictures of London Sky & it seems to lean more gray than cream. In that case, I'd be inclined to go whiter. Do you have a sample in that white that is not textured. Any chance you can get cabinet door samples & visit a slab of London Sky? The larger piece of quartz in the second picture is London Sky. The first pic is London Sky.


    edit: I have white stone countertops (Danby Imperial Marble) & my cabinets are whiter than my stone. I was worried they were going to be too white. They weren''t. When I was choosing a cabinet color, any of the samples that had a pink or yellow undertone clashed with the stone.

  • 10 years ago

    writersblock, thank u for your computer skills.

    Romy - i am picking up a door sample tomorrow, so i will repost tomorrow. To me the London sky has some warm tone to it. I am looking for a marble alternative. The stone yard has a beautiful slab of a warm white marble, but i am afraid I am too messy. It is gorgeous though! Romy - is your marble more gray? I wonder if u would call the white cabinet sample in the top picture u posted with the glass tile would be considered a warm white?

    Pdmd- cant wait to see yours!

  • 10 years ago

    Oakley - I agree - the LS does have a warmth to it. Our slabs won't be in until the first week of May - shortage in our area, and probably won't be installed in our home until the 3rd week of May. I will post pictures once the house in done - but it won't be before the end of May. Good luck to you!

  • 10 years ago

    In looking at your picture, I think the "warm white" on the right looks really yellow. It could be my monitor, though. Personally, I am a white white girl, so I would go with the whiter white. I am going to have Polarstone Olympia counters and I am going with SW Extra White. The Polarstone has a warm gray undertone. I have Extra White cabinets now and they don't seem cold. Here is a pic. Lighting in pic isn't great. Second pic is our molding. In Extra White as well.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Oakley - I'm sure you've seen this thread but linking to it just in case. JKN1319 has multiple pics of her London Sky including one with a white sink. She may be able to advise you regarding your white samples. My white marble has both grey & brown veining. My walls are grey & my cabinets are definitely a brighter white. Here's a pic of a cabinet door & one of my slabs. I'm not sure how helpful this picture will be but I was worried, needlessly, about the cabinets being too white.

    Quartz closest to Carrera

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Congrats Oakley on finally making your decision on London Sky. We as well are signing our contract this week for it. A bit nervous since we couldn't see a full slab but the info I received from these boards on LS (especially the advise from JKN1319) has me confident that we are making the right decision. Sorry I can't comment on the white cabinets. We are going with the gray Bodbyn cabinets from IKEA and the sample looks great with it. Looking forward to seeing your pics!