Software
Houzz Logo Print
shmoobelle

Help! New roof and siding/trim color

10 years ago

Hi,

We are purchasing an orange brick ranch house, which needs a new roof. We need to choose a color, but I'm just at a loss. I feel like this is a HUGE decision. The house is very plain on the
exterior and also on a down slope; and, so, the roof is a prominent
feature.

The few houses in the neighborhood with this same color brick all seem to have charcoal roofs, black shutters, and white or beige trim. This is fine, but my preference is for something more organic/eclectic/whimsical/homey/warm.

I'm sort of drawn toward this color: http://www.lowes.com/pd_652982-240-0600900___?productId=50408196&pl=1&Ntt=roofing+shingles.  But the name 'weathered wood' kind of throws me off. I don't want a new roof to look...well, like it's 'weathered', I guess.

So, what do you think? What color would you choose? That's the immediate decision.

What do you think about a siding/trim/garage door color that would make the house warmer and homier? That's a less immediate decision.


Here's a photo of the house:

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/megcw/media/88542a34-db47-4a7a-b660-c2b063fb88fe_zpsaqil6zsq.jpg.html?state=copy&sp=false


Thanks!