Software
Houzz Logo Print
lucky708

My Dream Mudroom

13 years ago
We took space from the old garage and made a mudroom customized to the exact needs of our family of 9. Each of the kids has a locker and there are big bin-type storage cubes under the window seat cushions. I took space from the walls to make built-in book cases.

Comments (48)

  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I am very jealous of the space you have for your mudroom! You have a great set up there for your kids and can keep all the mess outside the rest of your living space. I wish I had that for my li'l ones!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Very nice and user friendly space. Good job!
  • 13 years ago
    practical and pretty. very well thought out. great use of space for a large family.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    who wouldn't love this! Practical and lovely!
  • 13 years ago
    Beautiful job!!
    We have 9 and are about to tackle our mudroom, what an encouragement to see your results. Thanks for sharing.
  • 13 years ago
    Love your fabric on the cushions and window.
  • 13 years ago
    Those lights are amazing. Perfect contemporary lighting we'e been hunting for. Please let us know what brand they are, thanks!
  • 13 years ago
    Would love product info on round drop ceiling fixture
  • 13 years ago
    And the lighting isn't "matchy matchy". Nice! Great space.
  • 13 years ago
    What color blue is that? I really like it!
  • 13 years ago
    I am green with envy. Beautiful job- thanks for sharing!
  • 13 years ago
    Show off....I'm envious as I look at the boot tray excuse I have for a mudroom. lol Heaps of coats on that over the door coat rack. Nice ideas.
  • 13 years ago
    Well done!
  • 13 years ago
    I love your cushions. I love it all. And looks like your kitty found a special place too :)
  • 13 years ago
    It's beautiful! I love the locker and the book shelves ideas. Good job!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Very Nice! Great transformation!
  • 13 years ago
    Awesome! Love the lockers and bench. Great idea!
  • 13 years ago
    Really nice look.
  • 13 years ago
    Too beautiful to call a mudroom! Great job!!
  • 13 years ago
    Lovely
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Great job. Well thought out and implemented.
  • 13 years ago
    You've thought of everything! There are places to sit near the door to take on/off shoes and places to hang your things before going in/out. It's soft and pretty in addition to being practical.
  • 13 years ago
    Nothing but envy! It's both lovely and practical.
  • 13 years ago
    That narrow bench is perfect. Lots of seating without hogging space. The wainscotting and comfy cushioned benches are great too. The nice thing is that, if you change your color scheme down the roa all you have to do is paint the walls and reupholster the bench cushions!
  • 13 years ago
    good job, very nice, love the fabric.
  • 13 years ago
    Very very nice. The only problem I can see if it were in my home is that my wife would not let me use it because it is so very very nice. he he
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great work! Such a good idea. Every home needs one of these.
  • 13 years ago
    it looks gloriously
  • 13 years ago
    Seriously, someone please tell me where to get those lights. DES-PER-ATE!
  • 13 years ago
    The lights came from Lowes. They were on mega clearance for only..drum roll please...$12 and they came with the low-E bulbs! Sorry but I don't know the maker. Good luck! The paint color is an oops paint that also came from Lowes. It is a Valspar flat paint. I don't mind taking a sample to the store to get the exact color/code if someone wants it. Just let me know. We are a large military family with 7 kids so everything I do to this house I try to do on a budget. I comb magazines for design ideas and then make it happen. Our entire house is under 3000 sq feet (for 9 people). I carved this space out of our old garage. It was a must-have room for us with so many kids in sports and a dirty chocolate Lab. Thanks for the compliments! The whole story of the project is on my blog. Tureskinny.blogspot.com. (I hope it's OK to post that here. If not, sorry.)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    What a beautiful space! I love that you took your family's precise needs in mind when designing this area. The wall color & fabric choice is stunning!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I like the wall color, the lighting fixture, pretty much everything about this room!
  • 13 years ago
    Love the size and could possibly use idea for new laundry/mud room
  • 13 years ago
    I have a question, how did you hang the plates on the wall? I want to hang plates in our kitchen but I don't want a plate holder on the wall, just like you have it.
    Thanks!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Very practical! And the seating you've created definitely allows enough space for your crew to lace up/take off their muddy shoes :)
  • 13 years ago
    Maddy, I just hung a few plates myself. I found these little adhesive plate hanger thingies on Amazon which I LOVE. It's a small round adhesive patch with a metal hanger attached. When the patch is moistened with a small amount of water it gets gluey. You firmly press it onto the back of the plate, wait 24 hours, and hang. Very strong. It can be used for all kinds of wall art. If you decide to take it down, you can soak the plate in warm water to remove the patch without damage.
  • 13 years ago
    Oh my gosh! thank you so much :) I can't wait to go hang my plates up now!!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Wow, this is gorgeous! I absolutely love the built in bookshelves in the mud room, very original. I have seen open lockers in mud areas for kids and i think it is a terrific idea, especially for colder climates when the winter hits!
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for the compliments! The plates are actually hung with plate hangers, but they really don't show.
  • 13 years ago
    I would love to see the bin storage cubes and the inside of the lockers.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Looks great, I love the colors. Consider adding a few boot dryers for any extra muddy, rainy or snowy days! It could help keep the house clean and keep your mudroom less stinky.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    sweet!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Nice! Very aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Great work!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    What a great idea! Looks very nice.
  • 11 years ago
    It's refreshing to see a mudroom for a large family! Good job!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Darling!