Software
Houzz Logo Print
pleballerina

Help me pick an outdoor patio look, please!

10 years ago

I came up with five different looks-which one do you like?

The chair cushions will be the patterned fabric on the left; the rug on the right.

Thank you!

Comments (23)

  • 10 years ago
    They all look nice but the first rug is most appealing for practical reasons..a multi-color variation will show less soil
    pleballerina thanked btydrvn
  • pleballerina thanked Business_Name_Placeholder
  • 10 years ago
    What color is the house and what's the style of the outdoor furniture?
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I think you found the rugs on Wayfair and there seem to be a lot of choices with darker colors/patterns that won't show the dirt as much and also maybe something that has a bit more texture for a more modern look. I like your first fabric choice with something like the rug below (on Wayfair).

    pleballerina thanked Maureen
  • 10 years ago
    Look ONE has the best balance and the strongest colour relationship.
    pleballerina thanked jbtanyderi
  • 10 years ago

    Please show colour of the house.

  • 10 years ago

    Hello everyone,

    Thank you for the input so far; here is the deck with the patio furniture and the back of the house. The umbrella could go away, but I'll choose that after I nail down the cushions and rug. The butt-ugly gray box is going away.

  • 10 years ago

    I love Look #One

    pleballerina thanked kiffkat
  • 10 years ago

    I wouldn't put yellow with your siding. The blue would work best.

    pleballerina thanked User
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I think look 1 is the most cohesive and the blue rug will lend your deck a fresh feel. Good luck with your project!

    pleballerina thanked Laura Lee Designs
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I noticed that your deck is not covered. If you add an outdoor rug and once it gets wet, it tends to stay damp underneath and can eventually rot your wood, as the wood absorbs the moisture.

    pleballerina thanked Maureen
  • 10 years ago

    @puremichigan60: holy cow...I didn't know that bees are naturally attracted to yellow-of course, that makes perfect sense. Thank you for the heads up!

    That's the problem with nature...there's always something wanting to bite or sting or ooze something gross on you...

    Note to self: patio fan.

  • 10 years ago

    @Maureen: thank you for the heads up! I'll speak to the financier...er...husband...about making sure the deck is sealed properly so that it's waterproofed.

  • 10 years ago
    Look one would be my first choice, but I also like #4 as a more subtle option
    pleballerina thanked kara vosk
  • 10 years ago
    Blue is my favorite color, but green is my first choice for any garden area. For me, it's the "natural" backdrop for all of the potted plants and flowers that are likely to be found on a deck. #4 would be my choice. In second place would be #1.
    pleballerina thanked Liz H
  • 10 years ago
    Another vote for 1
    pleballerina thanked Heather Macdonald
  • 10 years ago
    I might suggest it is okay to have different patterns on cushions in the two seating areas..along the lines of defining the two areas separately...the rug maybe being more appropriate with seating than dining
    pleballerina thanked btydrvn
  • 10 years ago
    Also am assuming you are getting outdoor rug...they dry very quickly in most cases but if they get really soaked you can just throw it over the railing for drying...
    pleballerina thanked btydrvn
  • 10 years ago

    Hello everyone,

    Thank you again for your help in making a decision-I decided on look number 1.

    Home Decorators (www.homedecorators.com) is having a pretty good sale: $75 off $250 in purchases, plus free shipping on outdoor items. The looks I was deciding on are from there, and I got everything I needed (2 rugs and 12 cushions) for around $500.

    If you're interested, look numbers 1, 2, and 3 has "Vabella Provence" polyester as the chair fabric with the "Wharf" and "Seagrove" area rugs, respectively.

    Look numbers 4 and 5 has "Marona Latte" polyester as the chair fabric with the "Boucle II" and "Seagrove" area rugs, respectively.

    Thank you all again and enjoy the rest of the weekend!


  • 10 years ago

    Look one! :)

  • 10 years ago
    Plebalerina..would love to hear about the cushions,etc. When you receive them...sounds like a really good deal...maybe some pics also...of the finished project...
  • 10 years ago
    One.