Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
max_j

Fleck 5600 SXT problems

max_j
8 years ago

Purchased Fleck 5600 SXT 2 months ago. Had problem with settings & emailed Fleck and seller but never received reply. Proceeded to program and here are the results and problems. Well using aerator that feed Fleck & hot water heater. 2 users 90% of time. Had water tested with 8.7 hardness, no iron. Set hardness at 10 and regenerate at 20 days with safety factor at 15%. The out water is sent to a 5 gals bucket buried in ground with holes to disperse water as it fills. Reason for such disposal is that in past disposed water killed plants around the discharged water. I had a 40 foot hose also that discharged water on driveway.

Problems I now have: 1-Brine tank water level has used a lot of salt and is higher that salt line. I put in 3 bags of salt prior to regeneration. 2- Found small particles of leaves in brine tank. Never had this with old water softener. I checked aerator to make sure there could be an opening letting leaves and twigs in tank. Checked OK. The dump bucket is at least 4 ft below dispense line pipe. Could the natural pressure of system during regen be too high and letting detriments from bucket back flow to brine tank?.

When I emailed Fleck and seller, I wanted to know how much water would be expelled from system and how much salt I could expect to use every month. No reply.

On a post info on sticker would help to get proper answer so I found it under programming unit and, Model # 5600SE.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I can't physically be spending as much time as i have with this unit.