Software
Houzz Logo Print
onesharon

Help with banister type and color and floor color please!

10 years ago

Hello everyone!

We have just lifted up the carpeting on our stairs and plan to finish the floors and then possibly put a runner in. I hate my banisters - they are too dark and ugly especially given the light floor. (I like the color of the floor by the way and I am assuming it doesn't have stain on it but not sure - anyone know?) I was advised that it's a lot easier to get new banisters than to try to refinish these dark ones and make them lighter. So I need advice on this - is it indeed easier to start from scratch? What color would you advise if I am leaving the floor color the way it is?

I did find a picture on Houzz of a very pretty banister color but don't know what it is and don't know if it would go with my floors - but it seems to be along the lines of my color taste - so any feedback on that is also appreciated. The picture can be found here: https://www.houzz.com/photos/entry-foyer-traditional-staircase-san-francisco-phvw-vp~28468 

I am attaching a few pictures of my current banister and the floor, of course - so any input on the floor would also be appreciated - I like the color it is now and don't know if that really is the unstained, natural color.



Thanks!



Comments (7)