Software
Houzz Logo Print
jay_pontius

Help with moulding and paneling colors

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

What to paint · More Info

What to paint · More Info

What to paint · More Info

Planning on painting the following semi gloss white to help the rooms pop:

Family Room: all moulding/floor trim/windows

Dining Room: all moulding/chair rail/windows/floor trim

Family room is orange on three sides (regular drywall). The fireplace side is wood panel with a cream color. (I painted the fireplace mantel high gloss white so you can tell difference). Should I paint the family room panel a semi gloss to match the moulding/fireplace or should I do a satin white? Or do a light neutral color to help make all the moulding really pop.

Similar question for dining room What should I paint the wall under the chair rail....semi gloss to match moulding and chair rail or just do a satin white (eventually will have square shaped wainscoating using 1x4's).

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz