Software
Houzz Logo Print
bscalder

range hood blower positioning

10 years ago

I am looking for a solution to a tight position requirements that I have for a range hood.
Due to space limitations, I can't fit a top vent unit, so I am looking to vent a larger blower out the back of the hood straight to the exterior. Currently have a 600CFM, looking to move to 1000-1200CFM. Using the same single 10" pipe I have there now. Preferring not to have to install dual exhaust pipes/caps if I can avoid it.


Does the orientation matter for blowers? I see many of them positioned hanging from the top, with the interior section horizontal to the floor, same orientation when they are turned to vent laterally. This unit (pic attached) is the right CFM, and single vent, but it looks to be designed to vent vertically, what if I were to use this to vent out the back of the hood? The fans would be positioned up/down, rather than horizontally as I have seen for others. Would this damage the blower as it isn't intended to be positioned like this? A greater likelihood of more noise, or shouldn't be an issue, orientation wouldn't matter?


TIA for your thoughts/feedback.


Comment (1)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions