Software
Houzz Logo Print
crystal_harper

What to do with converting dining room

13 years ago
We are in the process of buying a home and have found a potential house. We are not formal dining room/ living room kind of people and would hardly ever use rooms like these. Unfortuantely this particular house has both and they are both situated smack dab at the front of the house. The dining room in particular is located immediately on the right when you come in the front door and it has a large doorway therefore not making it very easy to close off into an office. I am having trouble imagining what I could do with this room besides sitting an unused dining room table in there and wasting the square footage of a fairly large room. I would love for this room to somehow be a place where I could work at my computer and my son could play (he is nearly 2 years old) but I haven't been able to find any good examples of how to do this and still look great for when guests come over and that is the first room they see. Any suggestions? I have attached a couple pictures from the listing but keep in mind we plan to remove the tile and extend the wood floors throughout the main floor and all of the clutter is the present homeowners things.

Comments (9)