Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_284333

Color Quandry-- What Should I Do?

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
Hello,
I would appreciate your help. This is not my area of expertise, and I am in dilemma.

We are of course on a budget and trying to redo our kitchen. We like the look of black counters, white cabinets, dark walnut plank flooring. After pricing things? Well. . .White cabinets will have to wait a bit.

So what we have now is whitewashed oak. We need to live with it, along with the counter and backsplash choice until we can afford cabinets.

The one piece I am kind of working from as a vantage point is the Pottery Barn rustic island with the white marble top.

Question is this: Do you think matte black quartz goes with the white marble island? And. . .With black quartz counters, and the dark walnut wood plank floor, would you think that the backsplash should be white 3 x 6 subway tiles? Or would you choose something else?

What color paint would you use?

Do you think the dark walnut plank floors are a good choice OR would you use something else? Whatever we use, we will use for the entire downstairs.

Thank you for your suggestions. :)

Comment (1)