Software
Houzz Logo Print
adonnamous

15 years ago
Does anyone know who makes backsplash tiles--- looks like tumbled marble or slate 4 x4s. Just what I've been looking for! Thanks
Traditional Kitchen · More Info

Comments (13)

  • PRO
    15 years ago
    They look like travertine tiles to me. Easy to find, beautiful look!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Yes, they're just tumbled 4x4 travertine with a black marble deco in the center.
  • 13 years ago
    Who makes the black decorative backsplash tiles?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The black stone is called Noir and we got it from The Tile Shop in Charlotte. They are a national company (I believe) and have a website that lets you purchase directly. It may not be available anymore, but they may have something comparable. It's got a really pretty satin finish.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you! I do find the Noir line on their web site and it's beautiful. It's hard for me to see the piece in great detail. I can see that the square tiles and the mosaic border and the outline pieces are part of the Noir line, but I cannot tell what has been used as the small diamond accent. Do you happen to recall?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I don't recall off the top of my head, but check out the "Banbury Inserto" 2x2". If that's not what we used it was something very similar.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Awesome--thank you again! I'm excited to learn that The Tile Shop is coming to the Dallas area this summer, which is when we plan to do our kitchen, so yay!
  • 13 years ago
    Beautiful! Would you know the name of the black cabinets (color) ? Thanks!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The black cabinets are a factory Signature Rub Through finish from Crystal Cabinets: Black paint over natural maple.
  • 11 years ago
    Like the backsplash. What is the tile, color, etc.??
  • 11 years ago
    I was hoping to get the exact stone they used for the 4x4 .. tumbled travertine is pretty generic. The colors in this one is exactly what I have been looking for but having trouble finding.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    This one was done several years ago, so we don't have the specs available anymore, but it could have been Tile Shop's Jinshan color. Because it's an older project and natural stones vary so much in different parts of the quarry the lots have probably changed a bit since then so I would order a large sample first to make sure you know what you're getting as far as range and variation.

    Case Remodeling of Charlotte
    www.CASECharlotte.com