Software
Houzz Logo Print
adorfman

Kitchen floor

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
I'm looking for suggestions on what to use to replace our kitchen floor.

The cabinets are maple. The countertop is a dark granite with gold marbling and green tones. The room does not get an abundance of light, with one south facing window that gets direct sun only after noon, and one north facing window. The rest of the first floor has 2" quarter-sawn oak installed in the 1920s.

We originally installed a light vinyl, but it is failing and needs to be replaced. I don't want tile, as I go barefoot often and want something softer and warmer to walk on.

I've been thinking about wood or bamboo, but am concerned that it would make everything monotone. Any suggestions?

I've also been thinking maybe we should replace the table with something that has a dark top.

Ann

Comments (6)