Software
Houzz Logo Print
chelsea_rathburn

Help for front porch!

10 years ago

We recently moved into a house in the Georgia mountains, and the porch area around our front door could use serious help. The porch is about eight feet deep, and there are eleven feet to the left of the door and ten feet of covered porch to the right of the door. It can be approached from the side of the house or a second set of stairs directly in front of the door.

The area to the left of the door ends in a wall with a mudroom door-- at this point, we don't use that entrance. I'm thinking of placing a bench on the right side and perhaps rockers on the other, but I'm not sure what color to go with, or if there are better ideas.


While this isn't our primary outdoor entertaining space (the back porch has mountain views and this porch looks into woods), I'd like to have another nice space for reading/drinking coffee, etc.


Since this side of the house gets a lot of sun, it's difficult to get good pictures of the whole porch, but I've taken a few. (Note: I've placed a random bench the previous owner left in the basement and some other odds and ends on the porch trying to get a feel for the space. None of that is staying, and I promise to find a better home for the dog leashes....)


Many, many thanks for any ideas you may have.



Comments (7)